Complaint Review: Grupo Mayan

• Category: Hotel

Grupo Mayan - bad bussines practices Puerto Vallarta Other

*General Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*General Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: I have resolved this concern to my satisfaction

I am writing this to describe what it was a horrible experience with Grupo Mayan.
On November 2008 we went on vacations to Puerto Vallarta. Everything was excellent until the day we were approached by Sam. He started offering us free products and tours in exchange for going to a 2 hours (maximum he said) presentation.
We told him we are not interested, but he begged to us to attend this presentation and that way he will make some money, so we agreed.
We attend this presentation from 9 am. until 2pm. (more than 4 hours). This was the first lie.
During this time we met a several high pressure salesmen, they stated this could be a good "investment". I was very clear to them that I am retired and I cannot travel anymore, also I told them that I cannot afford this "investment", we felt quite harrassed and repeatedly said NO. Then, they came back with a special offer and said "NOT TO TELL ANYONE", they assured with this offer, not to worry, because they VERBALLY GUARANTEED they will rent my weeks and with the rental money I can offset the maintenance fees and within 5 years I will recover the money I put in this investment. I asked them if I can cancel this contract and they told me I can do it until I get home, because my contract is not issued in the system. At this time, we were so exhausted that we agreed to sign the contract. (BIG MISTAKE) and after this we thought we could relax and enjoy our vacations.
To our dismay, when we got home, all the benefits the sales staff said we would get with this membership were turning out to be untrue.
We called them and we tried to cancel this contract, but they just said the cancellation period has passed. Another Lie.
We checked the information of Grupo Mayan on the web, and for our surprise, we found many others trying to recover their monies.
We now realize, a few months later, that everything we were sold is a LIE, the people from Grupo Mayan has stolen our money, abused our innocence and patience, using NO ETHICAL SALES TACTICS and MISLEADING INFORMATION.

Steve
Calgary, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grupo-Mayan/Puerto-Vallarta-Other/Grupo-Mayan-bad-bussines-practices-Puerto-Vallarta-Other-464201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grupo Mayan

#1 General Comment

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

I just visited the Mayan Palace in Cancun and I regretted so much, at first I was happy because I thought I made a good mayan palace timeshare deal but I didn't, actually I was going to bring my friends from Miami next month for them to see the resort and I am very happy that I'm not going to do it. They told me that they can sell 2 of my weeks a year and I call them and is all lies they told me that I have to do that. I just can't believe I spent 7000.00 in nothing. Do not believe them, they do not care and if you ask them for time to finance with ur bank they say they can't and you won't be able to go back in five yrs. u have to do the deal in the same day and *** us we did it but I will make sure that other people won't make the same mistake than us.

#2 General Comment

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

On every Mayan Palace Timeshare bad review there's a "customer support representative" that apologizes. Shortly after the bad reviewer "rescinds any bad words" and all of their issues are magically resolved. So, are they paying people off to stop telling people how bad they are, and if that's the case wouldn't it make sense that they're paying people to write "good" reviews? This place is too sketchy-no matter how good the deal is. I'll stay away.

I have resolved this concern to my satisfaction

AUTHOR: Steve L. - (Canada)

This is Stephen Leslie, I just want to mention that Mayan Group has resolved my concern to my satisfaction.