Complaint Review: Gryphon Financial - GryphonFinancial.net

• Updated: Fri, April 30, 2010

• Reported By: Pat — Brentwood California USA
Gryphon Financial - GryphonFinancial.net
www.gryphonfinancial.net New York, New York United States of America

Gryphon Financial - GryphonFinancial.net Lied to me. Refused to answer my calls and stopped communication with an expensive 1 yr service I only started in 4/09. New York, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Gryphon Financial-Investigation Contact is USPS Postal Inspector

*Author of original report: Update

I paid for Inner Circle for $20,000 after having some success with their other services. They said it would be a very personalized service and I could pay with my winnings which sounded good to me.  I started 4/09 and things we going along OK, and my account was paid up.

Then........ the receptionist said they were either on another call and would get back to me (didn't) or out to lunch.  I am an experienced trader and understand all trades do not go my way and that position sizing is very important, but it was the lack of communication that got to me.

I started writing them emails because I couldn't get them to talk to me.  One time I told the receptionist that I was going to report them and she told me to hold and a Robert Anthony came on the line and said he would handle my acct personally.  (This is the same person who kept trying to get me to pay more on my acct because there was a big trade coming up.  I paid more, but no trade was given me.  At one point he told me he was working on a special trade, and gave it to me.  I was already in it because I was still in Elite Option and the notification went out a day or so ago.  So much for personal service.)

Anthony told me to call him every Monday at 8.  It worked the first week.  The second he was out of town and I talked to someone else.  The third week, nobody called me back.  I sent them a detailed complaint letter.  When I called in again the receptionist said that I didn't have a rep and that someone would call me on Sept 2. No call.

I keep getting their emails saying to call in to get a trade.  I do and no one calls me. I suspect these are to get new clients and not to service the current ones.

I have talked to PrePaid Legal and they said I needed a NY attorney if I wanted to go to court--which I don't.  He urged me to file a complaint with the NY Attorney General's office which I am doing.  Also writing to boards like these which I didn't know existed.  I did look on google initially and there was only 1 complaint which did not sound solid to me.

Pat

Brentwood (Northern California)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2009 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gryphon-Financial-GryphonFinancialnet/New-York-New-York-10005/Gryphon-Financial-GryphonFinancialnet-Lied-to-me-Refused-to-answer-my-calls-and-sto-497157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gryphon Financial - GryphonFinancial.net

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Gryphon Financial-Investigation Contact is USPS Postal Inspector

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

The contact for the investigation, filing for restitution, and gathering of individual information is the USPS Postal Inspector in New York who can be reached at 1-718-348-3738.  The investigation is being done by the USPS, the criminal prosecution is being done by the U.S. Attorney in New York, and the civil action is being done by the Securities Exchange Commission (S.E.C.).

Update

AUTHOR: pmc999 - (USA)

I want to amend my submittal.  Actually I only paid $12,500 for the $20,000 service.
To date, I have contested $2,500 with my credit card, so I may have 'only' paid $10,000. I am not sure what the ruling on the credit card will be, but the issue is that they did not give me the service as promised.  Starting October 7, 2009, they locked me out of the website and no longer send me option trades and are threatening me with a lawsuit and sending the information to a collection agency and "ruining my credit" because of the credit card action.  Two of my three services were supposed to run until 2/10 and 4/10.

--Pat