Complaint Review: Gryphon Financial

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Hanna Alberta
Gryphon Financial
110 Walls Street-11th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Gryphon Financial Promised to help me to increase my portfolio value, then kept reqquesting additional funds to get me to a diffrent level where i would surely make more money by getting the better trade tips. New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Response on Behalf of Gryphon Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Gryphon Financial

i subscribed by mail to a news letter and then was contacted by an individual who said they would (for an additional fee help me make some good trades. ) He would be very excited and I was to follow directiosn. several times he was upset if he thought I was trading on my own, which I was. the trades that he gave me that I di make money on where obvious trades that I initiated on my own.

In honesty, I learned from the experience because I did the research on the trades. I wish that I had followed my gut on actually using his advice. because 90% of the tip were not good tips. Last time we spoke he informed me that I was not at a personal trading level , where he could give me the best trades. That spells $.
It cost me $6000. to have him supply me with bad tips, and as well I lost money on the bad tips he gave me. I used my own broker, so gryphon didnt get any of that money.

I am smarter today than I was a few months ago. There are lots of guys out there trying to suck you into thinking they will give you the right tip. Ask yourself why would they be helping you make money. They are sales people selling worthless information. In the meantime TJ and Gryphon financial did make money because I paid them wages. Stupid me for getting scammed by them.

I am still reaqding all the tips, but I am doing my own research and makeing the trades I decide. I learned that I have to get smart and learn how to read the markets and the company financials and then I can make my own mistakes. It should be cheaper.

Albertan
Hanna, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gryphon-Financial/New-York-New-York-10005/Gryphon-Financial-Promised-to-help-me-to-increase-my-portfolio-value-then-kept-reqquestin-403815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gryphon Financial

Response on Behalf of Gryphon Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Gryphon Financial

AUTHOR: Adorno & Yoss Llp - (U.S.A.)

This response is being posted by Adorno & Yoss LLP, counsel to Gryphon Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Gryphon Financial (Gryphon). We have been requested by Gryphon to respond to the false and defamatory statements posted in Report No. 403815.

Gryphon makes very clear on its website (www.GryphonFinancial.net) that it is an educational service--not an investment advisor, stating in its Disclaimer:

GryphonFinancial.net is an educational service, not an investment advisor. All subscribers to each service receive the exact same trading signal publications. Active trading is not for everyone; please speak to your investment advisor before determining the suitability of GryphonFinancial.net educational services for your objectives and risk tolerance.

The Disclaimer further unambiguously states that the recommendations provided by Gryphon are not guaranteed.

When consumers visit Gryphon's website, they must agree to the terms and conditions specified therein and enter their credit card information in order to enroll in any particular service. The webpage clearly provides the Risk Disclosure, which states:

The risk of loss in tradingcan be substantial. You should, therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. You should be aware of the following points:

(1) You may sustain a total loss of the funds that you deposit with your broker to establish or maintain a position in the commodity futures market, and you may incur losses beyond these amounts

(2) Under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position.

Gryphon has authorized Adorno & Yoss LLP to initiate any and all actions as may be necessary to prevent defamatory statements from being posted about its company on the Internet and will do so in the appropriate judicial forum, not on the Internet through an anonymous name.