Complaint Review: Guardian Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, July 16, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By:Ogden Utah
Guardian Benefits
100A Walnut D15, Suite 192 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Guardian Benefits, Guardian Financial, Grocery Savers.com, Across The Nation Super Savings, Sainz Enterprises, Global Cash Card By MasterCard, Worldwide Travel Center, Coregroup Of Las Vegas Nevada ripoff, fraud, deception, thievery Champlain New York

*UPDATE Employee: Response

I received a telephone solicitation on 4/25/04. A man with a heavy far eastern accent told me that I had been approved for a MasterCard with a $2000.00 credit limit. There would be no interest on this card for the first three years but there would be an activation fee of $249.00 to be withdrawn from my checking account and as soon as that transaction was complete, I would be sent the MasterCard. It would arrive within 20 to 25 days after funds were withdrawn from my account.

Needless to say, the funds were withdrawn and not card arrived. I called the customer service number repeatedly for seven weeks and each time I was told that the card would come. Finally I received a package from Guardian Benefits shipped by DHL on 7/15/04, one week after the time limit my bank has for recovering funds that are withdrawn in this manner. I was unaware that my bank could do that so I never reported the scam to the bank until after I received the package. Guardian Benefits, of course, knew the bank rules so that's why I didn't receive my package until after so many weeks.

Larry
Ogden, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2004 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Guardian-Benefits-Guardian-Financial-Grocery-Saverscom-Across-The-Nation-Super-Savings-99259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Benefits

Response

AUTHOR: GlobalCash12 - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience however Global Cash Card is not affiliated with the company mentioned in this complaint.