arbitrary

• Submitted: Tue, November 02, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 02, 2004

• Reported By:Hopatcong New Jersey
Guardian Financial Benefits Service
100A Walnut Street Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Guardian Financial Benefits Service ripoff Champlain New York

My husband received a call from Guardian Financial Benefit Services. They said that he had been approved for a MasterCard with a $2000 limit, 0% interest for 3 yrs, and would be increased to $6000 within 6 months if all payments were on time. After the 0% interest period was over the interest would be no more than 8% EVER! They just needed some personal information and $249.00. They also asked if I was interested in obtaining long distance service as well as a card for myself.

He agreed to pay the $249.00 to obtain the MasterCard and they told him that he would receive his credit card in the mail. I had called the company once the payment was taken out of our account. the women told me that it would take 25 business days after they received payment for them to process and mail out his card.

Well yesterday was the 25 days and my husband received his envelope, however when he opened it there was no credit card but just a bunch of advertisement papers and a notice stating that his card was ordered and would take another 25 busniess days to receive.

After sitting on the phone for the past 2 days and not being able to contact anyone at the company, I decided to do an internet search to hopefully find another phone number and to no avail when I put in their name I found this website. This is a first for us however I did not feel that bad when I found out that we were not the only ones. I have notified our bank and even sent them information in reference to the scam.

You learn something new every day.

TH
Hopatcong, New Jersey

TH
Hopatcong, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2004 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Financial-Benefits-Service/Champlain-New-York-12919/Guardian-Financial-Benefits-Service-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-115738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Financial Benefits Service