Complaint Review: Guardian Financial Benefits Service

• Submitted: Thu, November 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, November 04, 2004

• Reported By:Concord California
Guardian Financial Benefits Service
2530 Love Tree San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Guardian Financial Benefits Service credit card scam ripoff San Antonio Texas

I was contacted by Guardian Financial Benefit Service in September. I was told I had been approved for a $2500 mastercard and they needed a $249 activation fee. I gave them my account information and was debited the fee on September 2, 2004. I was then told I would recieve my card within 25 business days.

25 business days later I recieved a letter telling my that my card had been ordered and I would recieve it within 25 more business days. Along with this letter was an activation form asking for $25 and telling me it would be 3-4 weeks before I recieved my package. I also recieved other advertisments for a trip to cancun and orlando, perscription savings card, a free cell phone with an activation fee, and a free satellite system with activation fee.

It has been 25 business days since I got my letter and curious about this company, since they weren't answering their phone, I did an internet search. Thanks to this site I will be able to get a refund from my bank and hopefully help to stop these people from scamming anyone else.

Gina
Concord, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2004 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Financial-Benefits-Service/San-Antonio-Texas-78232/Guardian-Financial-Benefits-Service-credit-card-scam-ripoff-San-Antonio-Texas-116138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Financial Benefits Service