Complaint Review: Guardian Financial

• Submitted: Tue, July 27, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 27, 2004

• Reported By:Leslie Michigan
Guardian Financial
100 A Walnut St. Suite # 192 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Guardian Financial ripoff Champlain New York

I live in Michigan, and I had a representative from Guardian Financial call me and inititate a conversation about a credit card offer. They told me that they were offering a $2000 credit line, with a one time fee of $249. I gave them my savings account number reluctantly.

I called back several times to talk to a supervisor before the transaction happened. I wanted to know all of the specifics about the offer, I plainly asked several supervisors why they would give someone with bruised credit like me a high limit like $2000. They told me that this was a promotional offer, and that it was for people trying to rebuild credit.

They took my money, and then when I called the next morning to confirm the transaction, they proceded to tell me that this credit card was a "secured" card, and I would have to load money onto it myself in order to use it. I was outraged, out of all the times I called the company with questions, they did not disclose to me that the kind of card I would be getting would require my own money to use it.

Of course after they took my money, they were rude and didn't want to deal with me. Thankfully, my credit union has stopped payment on the transaction, and as long as they don't try to resubmit it, the hold my bank has put on my account will be lifted.

I was told by Guardian Financial that they don't try and resubmit on a stop payment, but of course, that remains to be seen, they've told enough lies so nothing would surprise me.

I have also contacted the Attorney General in New York, they tell me they have a very high success rate of recovering peoples money from this company, so if I have to, I will go that route if my credit union fails. I hope this helps anyone else out there that has dealt with the so called company.

Paula
Leslie, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2004 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Financial/Champlain-New-York-12919/Guardian-Financial-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-100814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Financial