Complaint Review: Guardian Moving and Storage

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — San Bernardino California United States of America
Guardian Moving and Storage
2345 S Santa Fe Ave, LA, CA Los Angeles, California United States of America

Guardian Moving and Storage Guardian Movers Quoted $3,500 over internet and on moving date charged us $11,700.. Brought No dolly Los Angeles, California

Guardian gave me a binding quote (with me filling out their inventory forms) of $3,500.  On day of move they said it would be $28,000, and then $18,000 and then $11,700.  I only had a 1100 sq.ft. house and I still had to leave our living room and dining room furniture behind  Since we were moving from Hawaii to CA and the new owners were moving that evening.. There was nothing I could do!  I had no other choice but to agree to the altered price.  They came with no dolly to move furniture.. They broke items.  I almost had a nervous breakdown.. They were suppose to register our autos at Matson for shipping and they didn't..  I have had a continuous fight with them about everything.. They didn't want to put anything down in writing and twisted my words.  I tried fighting it with my credit card company but they didn't do anything.  This should not be allowed to happen.  This was a scam from the beginning.  Is there anything that can be done?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Moving-and-Storage/Los-Angeles-California-90058/Guardian-Moving-and-Storage-Guardian-Movers-Quoted-3500-over-internet-and-on-moving-dat-829221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Moving and Storage