Complaint Review: Guardian Protection Services

• Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: MDHOMEOWNER — Bethesda Maryland United States of America
Guardian Protection Services
174 Thorn Hill Rd Warrendale, Pennsylvania United States of America

Guardian Protection Services Guardian Protection Services Use stall tactics and complicated processes to extend contract without my approval Warrendale, Pennsylvania

My issue centers on the complicated contract and cancellation process in getting out of the monitoring agreement.

We continued paying for monitoring for more than a year (as contracted) through the renovation of our home.  We installed a completely new system (which we told Guardian) but still honored our contractual obligations to Guardian as the "early termination fee" was well over $1000.

When the contract renewal period approached, I spoke at length to someone in the customer service dept.  The phone call was long and involved, and centered on the person trying to get me to continue with their business instead of just cancelling it.  I explained that the new construction of our home was complete and we already installed another system.  The process for cancellation was longer than I had time for on the phone; I was told it could be officially cancelled only after we "went through the process."  I said I needed it to be cancelled and that was final.

Time went on. The contract renewal period came up and we were auto-renewed even though Guardian has months of notes in my file outlining my intention of cancelling the contract (since Jan 2011; renewal was April 2012).

I've been charged for monitoring for months now after this "auto-renewal" even though we do not have the system installed or monitoring in place.

The idea that the consumer must jump through Guardian's arbitrary "hoops" just to allow for a simple cancellation shows Guardian's interest is only in their own bottom line.  I put forth my best efforts to communicate our unhappiness with this contract since 2011 and ask repeatedly for easier ways to cancel all the way through 2012.

Communication is one-way favoring the company.  I was put through many exercises in trying to get official communication to them (fax is acceptable; but secure email is not), and phone calls were long, drawn out and annoying.

Funny how I cannot communicate through electronic mail when I need something, but when they need a contract, they allow for e-signatures AND will renew without having spoken to me at all.

Their processes favor their company over the consumer.  I found the years in dealing with them frustrating and cumbersome.  Don't sign a contract with them unless you absolutely have to.  Dealing with them is like dealing with your local health club.... contracts benefit them over you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardian-Protection-Services/Warrendale-Pennsylvania-15086/Guardian-Protection-Services-Guardian-Protection-Services-Use-stall-tactics-and-complicat-913472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardian Protection Services