Complaint Review: Guardsman Furniture Protection

• Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: Sheryl W — Oceanside California United States of America
Guardsman Furniture Protection
PO Box 88010 Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Guardsman Furniture Protection Guardsman Furniture Protection SCAMMED my $$. Furniture Protection my a$$!!!! Grand Rapids, Michigan

What a SCAM!  I purchased the 5 year plan for my 9 piece leather sectional couch.  There are 2 tears on the back of two of the pieces and one of the nipples that connect the pieces is broken.  I have not moved the furniture since it was delivered and installed the end of May 2011.  The tears occurred when the installers pushed the sectional against the wall it became stuck to the wall.  When I rearranged the furniture to accommodate my Christmas tree two pieces tore off paint from the wall and the pieces of leather stuck to the wall.

I called the next day to file a claim.  I was immediately told the nipple was not covered, which  I complained about but it did no good.  Finally, three weeks later I received a call for a technician to come out and survey the damage.  He spent 15 minutes looking and taking pictures.  He told me that he would need to order two new pieces of leather to replace the entire back of each
piece. [continued below]....
.....  Two weeks later I get a letter denying my claim.

I wish I had a chance to check out Guardsman before I took the plan but it is hard when you are sitting there believing what the salesman tells you.  My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and anywhere else I can find.  People need to know this is a scam.  MOR Furniture will also receive a letter or two.  We spent over $6,000 there in the last 8 months!  I want a refund for all the plans I have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49518-0010/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection-Guardsman-Furniture-Protection-SCAMMED-my-Furniture-Pr-807441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman Furniture Protection