Complaint Review: Guardsman Furniture Protection

• Updated: Fri, June 08, 2012

• Reported By: JD — Frisco Texas United States of America
Guardsman Furniture Protection
P.O. Box 88010 Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Guardsman Furniture Protection Reported claim for minor damage to table by maid. Denial of claim stated claim was not received within 5 days, and maid is not covered by policy. Their policy is worthless, don't be duped. Grand Rapids, Michigan

Weirs Furniture Store recommended that I buy damage protection insurance for dining room and breakfast room tables I bought. A week or so after purchase a maid scratched the one of the table tops, which we believe can be fixed inexpensively. I filed a claim with Guardsman and they replied that I did not file within the time limitation of the agreement (5 days only allowed, didn't know that, and it took more than 5 days to get the forms to file!), and that a maid is an independent contractor (I assured them I have no contract of any nature with the maid) and therefore not covered.  Maids are not bonded, do not carry insurance, and such events are the reason I bought the insurance. I spoke with them and their only reply was "We are sorry". They are not near as sorry as I am. Don't buy Guardsman. They are well named, as they are a man that guards against paying for all claim. My rating: -10 on a scale of 0 to 10 (yes, that is minus 10!).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49518-0010/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection-Reported-claim-for-minor-damage-to-table-by-maid-Denial-o-894631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman Furniture Protection