Complaint Review: Guardsman Furniture Protection

• Reported By: Mitch — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Guardsman Furniture Protection

Guardsman Furniture Protection They don't stand behind there service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Very impressed with their service

I Have a significant blemish of sorts on a recliner I purchased from Bassett furniture. I Purchased the 5-year warranty for my furniture from Guardsman so I requested a service request  . I naturally felt confident that they would honor there service  when they say and I quote " Rest assured knowing your furniture is protected by the Guardsman Elite Furniture Protection Plan. You'll have confidence knowing we're backed by the Valspar Corporation , serving fine furniture manufacturers finish needs for over 190 years"

I followed their protocol, sent them by mail the required receipts, emailed the pictures etc. Over two weeks pass I have yet to hear from anyone. I log onto their website for a "service status "and it said my assigned ID is not valid so I called them. They said that my claim was denied. [continued below]....
..... They deemed by the pictures I sent them , oil from my arm contributed to the flaking of the leather and they would not warranty this claim.

They have pictures on their brochure with scissors puncturing furniture, lamps burning holes and wine spilled on it, but they said oil from my arm did this and they will not cover it. There service is deplorable and based on all the previous reports, I see that I am not alone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection/internet/Guardsman-Furniture-Protection-They-dont-stand-behind-there-service-Internet-930481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman Furniture Protection

Very impressed with their service

AUTHOR: ruby57 - (United States of America)

I have to add my 2 cents.  I just finished dealing with Guardsman, and must say how impressed and pleased I am with their service.

About 2 months ago I punctured a hole with my stiletto heel in my leather couch, which I bought over 2 years ago, and insured with Guardsman.  Once I noticed the hole, I immediately filed a claim with Guardsman (about a day after it happened).  Two weeks later, I was contacted by a technician and scheduled repair appointment.  He spent over an hour trying to fix it, but could not, and promised to escalate the claim to the next level.  About 3 weeks went by, and I finally called Guardsman to check on the status.

By that point I thought they were trying to let the claim die, slowly and quietly.  Alas, I was wrong: Guardsman claims specialist told me that since they can't fix it, they can either send me a check for $450, and I can try to find a local tech to fix it.  Or, they can replace the couch with an identical new one.  I picked the second option, of course.  3 days later, furniture store delivered a brand new couch.

Like any other insurance policy, in order to get it to work, we have to follow the guidelines exactly, and then the company would not be able to deny us. I woud recommend Guardsman anytime.