Complaint Review: Guardsman Furniture Warranty

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Kelly — amherst New York United States of America
Guardsman Furniture Warranty
PO 88010 Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Guardsman Furniture Warranty Scam, Rip-off, Lots of fine print makes NOTHING covered under warranty Grand Rapids, Michigan

Guardsman denied BOTH my claims to clean my $2500 sectional.  Why? The first claim was 1 day late. "All claims must be made within 10 days of stain." However it was one of the customer service reps who gave me the wrong info making me one day late.

2nd time I was denied was because the new stain which was on a different cushion is considered "an accumulation of stains" because the couch is one unit and it doesn't matter if the stain is on a different cushion because there is still a stain on the other cushion and it's the same couch. I know- doesn't make sense. So if I want the new stain cleaned, I need to first get the one that was denied cleaned by an outside company. Then I need to submit proof that it was cleaned. Oh, but by then, the 2nd stain is over 10 days old so I'm out of luck.  I am starting to get angry at the store that talked me into getting it!  Are they all in this together?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman-Furniture-Warranty/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49518/Guardsman-Furniture-Warranty-Scam-Rip-off-Lots-of-fine-print-makes-NOTHING-covered-unde-994703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman Furniture Warranty