Complaint Review: Guardsman Of The Valspar Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, March 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 22, 2009

• Reported By:North Hills California
Guardsman Of The Valspar Corporation
4999 36th Street S.E. Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Guardsman Of The Valspar Corporation - Elite Protection Furniture Plan Rip Off Grand Rapids Michigan

Full disclosure was not provided when I purchased the protection plan from a now defunct furniture store. The "plan" listed all the problems that were covered & for the additional price of $179+ I purchased the plan.

When the company was contacted and all documentation was provided to them, a boiler plate denial was returned to me indicating the service I requested was not provided under the plan.

I returned a letter with a copy of the plan highlighting the covered items listed in the brochure. The same documentation was returned to me, with a different color high lighther which indicated in small print "refer to the current Elite Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan for complete coverage details". This was not pointed out when I purchased the plan. Full disclosure was not given to me as a consumer. If the "complete coverage details" were provided, I would not have wasted my money.

This is not a reputable company; it doesn't provide the specified services that are purchased and this information is not disclosed to a consumer until needed services are requested.

Valspar Corporation, as the parent corporation, should have a watchdog overseeing the unethical practices of its subhsidiary.

I'm not only going to provide a copy of this complaint to Valspar and Guardsman, but will be contacting Consummer Affairs in Grand Rapids as well. I will also list (and hopefully) print out any and all reports against Guardsman on this website and enclosed those as well.

I STRONGLY recommend not purchasing any items from Valspar Corporation or Guardsman.

Laurene
North Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2009 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman-Of-The-Valspar-Corporation/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49518-0010/Guardsman-Of-The-Valspar-Corporation-Elite-Protection-Furniture-Plan-Rip-Off-Grand-Rapid-436499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman Of The Valspar Corporation