Complaint Review: Guardsman

• Reported By: oinklmaf — holbrook New York United States of America
Guardsman
Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Guardsman Warranty Waste of Money ,too many loop holes Grand Rapids Michigan

I purchased a $2,200 Kitchen Table with Leather chairs, almost 1 year ago at Ashley Furniture & purchased a 5 year Elite Warranty for extra money.  I was able to view the warranty which covered tears in leather which is specifically why I purchased.
So I followed all instructions, submitted pictures online and waited for them to contact me, I receveivd a call from a cell phone leaving a message saying repair is scheduled for a date to call a different number to confirm, when i called it was another persons cell phone, which when he answered it wasnt professional and i thought i had wrong number.
Finally the day came, tech came to my home on time, as soon as he seen damage of a small tear on side of leather chair, he stated oh i cant fix that, per your plan since we cannot repair we should be able to replace. I questioned why he couldnt repair considering i took the required pictures and his reaction was like he never seen them? he didnt respond, took pictures him self & said the company will contact me via phone. about 1 week later i get a letter from Guardsman just saying that they are not able to replace or fix for "other reasons" (not indicated!) that it is not covered by the elite.  So I call, to then further inquire with a manager name Elba which I was advised that the leather was "wrinkled" which is why its not covered and that if i would have read my protection plan i would have known that! which i advised its a chair, if leather is to rip its going to wrinkle because of where the rip is being is a seat. She didnt want to hear it, as well as corrected me that this is not a Warranty, it is a protection plan! She was basically useless, not giving any other alternative, I ended the call stating i refuse to waste any more of my time, considering the process of their handling of claims for this so called protection plan is a scam, i had to take the day off of work, because they give you window appts like the cable company. my next option is to now contact ashley furniture to seek some sort of reimbursement and or replacement on their charge because of this false warranty/protection plan what ever they consider it, apparently it was sold to us giving us misinformation of this product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 05:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-/Guardsman-Warranty-Waste-of-Money-too-many-loop-holes-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-883961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman