Complaint Review: Guardsman

• Submitted: Wed, April 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: Disappointed Consumer — Blair Nebraska

Guardsman Guardsman services are a scam! , Internet

Guess I'm another unfortunate victim of the scamming company. I purchased the protect-a-bed through Nebraska Furniture Mart, which then uses Guardsman, to carry out their warranty of the product. The damage occured on the protect-a-bed in October of 2012, but I was pregnant with serious complications at the time, that I missed my 10 day window to return the service request form back to them to get it replaced. When I finally got settled back in at home after the very early and problematic birth of my son, I called Guardsman to make sure I could still submit the paperwork, to which they agreed I could.

Today, I received an email from them denying the request to replace the product due to the service request form not being turned in within the 10 day window of the original damage. So, I called them to explain to them why it took so long and they still said there was nothing they could do. So, I decided to call Nebraska Furniture Mart's furniture department to try to get it replaced or resolved with them. Krista, said NFM could and would not replace it, and also called Guardsman to try to have them resolve the issue with them directly, but they refused.

I paid for this service expecting that if I submit the necessary paperwork, that the product would be replaced. I paid for the 3 package of the protect-a-bed knowing that with a 20 year warranty on the bed itself, that I wanted to keep the mattress in tip top shape to prevent damage with life's events that could damage it. I didn't expect to be so poorly treated by NFM and Guardsman on this issue.
The day of the damage, I washed the protect-a-bed as directed but forgot to change the temp on the dryer from high heat to medium heat until minutes later. By then, the damage had been done. A hole was ripped in the fabric and the two layers of fabric came apart, making it no longer able to protect the mattress from stains, etc.

When Krista from NFM called Guardsman, they changed the reason they gave me for denying the replacement from missing the 10 day window to submit the service request form to "it improperly being dried." So, they said the warranty was then voided and I was "out of luck." I never received any paperwork stating what was and was not covered for warranty claims either. I have since filed a BBB complaint on them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman/internet/Guardsman-Guardsman-services-are-a-scam-Internet-1044064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman