Complaint Review: Guardsman

• Reported By: Rebecca — Concord North Carolina
Guardsman
Internet USA

Guardsman No Customer Service - Denies ALL Claims Internet

We replaced all new furniture in our home in October 2010 using Haverty's (after purchasing a new home).  We were advised to purchase the Guardsman Gold plan that covers all breakage.  We had two items break - a pull lever on a reclining couch and a wooden cocktail table where the hinges broke.  I filed two separate claims.

For the first claim, I had to call back a few times to get the claim paperwork delivered to me.  When it finally came, it was completed/mailed the same day.  The denial response from Guardsman was that the claim was denied because too much time had elapsed (you have 5 days to file a claim).  When I tried to speak with someone about the fact that they had failed to send required claim documents I was repeatedly put through to voice mail - only to hear a message stating that the entire store was closed for a company wide meeting and no one was available to take my call.

The second claim - where the wood coffee table the hinges locked causing the wood to break - they claimed that wasn't covered because it wasn't a break. Guardsman is a scam.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I've notified Haverty's that this once loyal customer will NEVER again be purchasing furniture in that store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman/internet/Guardsman-No-Customer-Service-Denies-ALL-Claims-Internet-1060316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman