Complaint Review: Guardsman

• Submitted: Wed, August 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: NYYANKEE — san diego California United States of America
Guardsman

Guardsman scotchguard program Will not cover ripped seems on couches Internet

*Consumer Comment: Here is what I found on team rebutt webpage

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's what I found on Guardsman's website...

I purchased the five year scotchguard protection program through Jeromes furniture in San Diego for my new expensive leather couches. The couches starting tearing on two cushions and the backs of the cushions as well. Since I was covered under the scothguard program from Guardsman I thought I was covered as this is what my salesman told me at Jeromes furniture in San Diego. After a frustrating process to submit my claim through Guardsman as the process is not easy by no means with many stipulations for this company to not honor there contract I finally submitted my claim. About a week later I recieve a phone call from a customer service representative and she stated she needed some more information about my claim. I gave the information and after a 10 minute hold she comes back and said due to my couch cushions ripping on the seems this type of repair is NOT covered under there protection program. I am pretty sure this is the most common forms of rips on couches but yet Guardsman will not honor there contract. This is a very dishonest company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guardsman/internet/Guardsman-scotchguard-program-Will-not-cover-ripped-seems-on-couches-Internet-921090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guardsman

Here is what I found on team rebutt webpage

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

We team Rebutt reserves the right to attack and give useless advice whether the OP wants it or not, tough luck

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Here's what I found on Guardsman's website...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

These are items NOT covered by their warranty.
Manufacturer Quality Issues
Seam separation (an upholstery seam that comes unstitched or unglued), stress tear (tearing or ripping of upholstery within one-half inch of and parallel to the seam line), or fabric flaws.
Fading, color loss or color change.
Loss of foam and/or innerspring resiliency (including body impressions).
Damage resulting from defects in design, materials or workmanship, except for damage specifically listed

" I thought I was covered as this is what my salesman told me at Jeromes furniture in San Diego."

You should read YOUR copy of the contract as you obviously just took the salesman's word for the coverage.  That's why the only thing that applies is the WRITTEN contract.

Will the furniture mfr. help you with this?