Complaint Review: Guide One Insurance

• Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: Steel Roof — Albert Lea Minnesota United States of America
Guide One Insurance
1111 Ashworth Road West Des Mpoines, Iowa United States of America

Guide One Insurance Where each employee will tell you something different West Des Mpoines, Iowa

While in the process of getting quotes to have my roof shingled, two different contractors informed me my roof was hail damaged and I should file an insurance claim.  I filed a claim and Guide One sent one of their adjusters out to look at my roof.

The adjuster informed me that the roof wasn't hail damaged and that it should last for years.  I received a letter from Guide One shortly there after stating that only my metal trim and vents were hail damaged???  They decided that "their estimated cost" to replace them came in at just under my deductible, imagine that, and that the claim was now closed.

Weeks after closing the claim I was sent another letter stating that because of the condition of my roof that it would have to be replaced immediately and proof of it's replacement sent to Guide One or my policy would not be renewed.

NOW GET THIS.  The adjuster also decided some of my windows could be replaced and they would also need proof of their replacement or my policy wouldn't be renewed.
I now have a new slate grey steel roof that I love.  My windows are fine.  I also have quotes from several other insurance companies and the sleaze balls at Guide One will never get another dime from me.  I'm sure their laughing all the way to the bank though since they've collected years and years of premiums from me already.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guide-One-Insurance/West-Des-Mpoines-Iowa-50265/Guide-One-Insurance-Where-each-employee-will-tell-you-something-different-West-Des-Mpoine-914818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guide One Insurance