Complaint Review: Gulf Bay Magazines

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Marina — Newton Kansas United States of America
Gulf Bay Magazines
10801 Starkey Road - Suite 104 #234 Seminole, Florida United States of America

Gulf Bay Magazines FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, DECEIVING, SCAM, RUDE, UNRELIABLE, SELFISH, INACCURATE Seminole, Florida

False advertisement, rude customer service, and inaccurate services lead me to believe that Gulf Bay Magazines is just a huge scam.

I was never informed of a three-day cancellation period. I never received the magazines I subscribed to. Even though I was not informed of the three-day cancellation period, I called to have it cancelled the next day and was told my account would be terminated.

The incorrect magazines kept coming and I kept getting notices of past due payments for an account that I was told was terminated. I had continuously attempted to cancel my account when it was not done the first time. Magazines kept coming and the company kept saying that I owed them payments.

If they wish to be a reasonable company, the least they could do is be upfront and honest that they will refuse to ever let you out of contract simply because they don't feel like it. It is utterly ridiculous that they would pay magazine companies absurd amounts of money and expect you to pay it back when you don't know if you'll even have a job the next week. I have had trouble with Gulf Bay Magazines from day one.

I used my debit card to make payments. That account has been cancelled due to insufficient funds because I have no job. I paid the initial $39.87 and then cancelled it all the next day. The last letter I received from the company claims that I have a balance of $1156.23 and am overdue on $119.61.

I spoke with a woman who agreed that my option would be reasonable: I would try to come up with the $119.61 and send it in whole as soon as I could if my account were to be terminated and that they no longer contacted me. She told me that she would note all of that and away the company of it. Obviously she lied just as the people did day one.

I keep getting harassed by the company to pay for magazines I didn't ask for and magazines that I would never want. It's not my fault that they paid a ridiculous amount of money to multiple magazine companies and never once thought that a person could lose their job and not be able to afford the $40 payments.

My phone is getting disconnected, my car has no gas, I'm living at home with my parents, and I have no means of income. I'm resorting to selling my own belongings because I have no other way to afford basic necessities otherwise. I have to get rid of my kitten because I can't afford vet visits let alone food & litter.

Being told over and over that my account would be cancelled and that they appreciate my business made me think that these people were apart of a good company. They true colors showed when they kept allowing magazines (incorrect ones at that) to be sent to my home and kept trying to bill me for magazines I didn't want on an account that I was told would be cancelled. Going back on your word is just as bad as withholding information from the very beginning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gulf-Bay-Magazines/Seminole-Florida-33777/Gulf-Bay-Magazines-FALSE-ADVERTISEMENT-DECEIVING-SCAM-RUDE-UNRELIABLE-SELFISH-INACC-949865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gulf Bay Magazines