Complaint Review: Gulf Marine Ways Inc

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: Cheryl Hall — Tampa
Gulf Marine Ways Inc
950 Dodecanese Blvd tampa, Florida United States of America

Gulf Marine Ways Inc This company charged three times amount quoted, ripped us off and now charging $350.00 per day storage fee's , complete thieves tampa, Florida

The below mention company is holding my work barge hostage which is the sole way for my company to make money, we are completely shut down and will go out of if this isn't resolved very soon. We brought the barge to this company 3/2/2013 when a neighboring company that we had dropped it off at shut down and recommended we take it to Gulf Marine Way which was close by, we did this because they recommended you and in good faith that you would do a good job at a reasonable price based on what was told to me by employees. Because the barge was in Tarpon Spring we decided to go with this company based again on what we were told that the barge would run $150 per hour and take about 20
hours for a total of $3,200.00.  I have also talked to a company here in Tampa that does this type of work for dozens of
other marine contractors and for the same work he would charge $2,500.00 to $3,000.00. With the fact that we don't have anything in writing, I was willing to offer them $4,000.00 to be done with this and move on, this is $1,000.00 more than what I could have had it done for but I am willing to be reasonable and fair. The answer I received back was that I was to pay $ 9,036.52 plus $350.00 per day in storage fees. This is more the triple what other companies charge to do the exact same work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gulf-Marine-Ways-Inc/tampa-Florida-34689/Gulf-Marine-Ways-Inc-This-company-charged-three-times-amount-quoted-ripped-us-off-and-no-1042130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gulf Marine Ways Inc