Complaint Review: Gulf Stream Coach Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, October 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, July 27, 2014

• Reported By: Michgagne — Orlando Florida USA
Gulf Stream Coach Inc.
503 South Oakland Avenue Nappanee, Indiana United States of America

Gulf Stream Coach Inc. Endura Max LLC. Buyers Bewarer. Gulfstream Coach is a RIP OFF! Nappanee, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Let's litagate Together

*Consumer Comment: Comment on Gulf Stream Coaches

*Consumer Comment: Another not so happy customer!!!

*Consumer Comment: I am a victim of Gulf-Stream myself!

Please read this story: RV Nightmare this happened to us

Date: 2009-10-11

Gulf Stream Coach Incorporated will not guarantee their manufactured Lemon.
How many times does a product need to be in repair before it is classified as a bad product or the most commonly used term; a lemon? A company who is manufacturing goods for sale to the public should stand by their product and act responsibly when their product is a bad one. I find that this is a very tricky subject when it comes to the law and companies who manufacture products for sale. The laws are slim when it comes to holding these companies responsible for their products. The companies will write warranties and use them as a selling tool, but be very careful and read what you are signing. The warranty rules are written to be beneficial to the company, and not the customer.

The sales associate will say just about anything to make the sale. He spoke to me about the quality and the features that the travel trailer had to offer. He said that the selling price was a great deal, and what a great manufacturer Gulf Stream Coach Incorporated is. He explained the companies history and how they stand by their reputation of exceptional product quality. What he did not fill me in on was the mere fact that what he was actually selling me was a badly manufactured fifth wheel.
The Endura Max 2007 Toy Haulers exterior and the interior looked great. The furnishings were beautiful and the layout was perfect. What I did not see was all of the inadequate, and careless manufacturing that held all of this beauty which brought us nothing but terrible late nights, stress, worry, anger, missing time from work, and pure un-enjoyment.

At first the problem started with water leaks. Not just any water leaks but great amounts of water streaming down walls and windows. I remember the late nights my wife and I spent with towels hoping that a electrical fire would not start from all of the water running behind the microwave and into the electrical wall jacks. The problems kept coming and soon escalated into constant continuous water leaks throughout the entire unit. We kept taking the unit in for the leaks, and soon we found out that we had even bigger problems. The unit was taken into the shop fifteen separate times for the following problems: defective seals, slide outs, flushing systems and valves. Defective awing, and slide out motor. Rotting of walls, floors, and delaminating of outside exterior unit walls and rusted screws. Defective electrical wiring, mold growth, and ventilation system, roof, and leveling jacks.

On the final visit to the repair shop, we found that water is in the roof due to the manufacturing company at time of manufacture drilled holes through the roof as they installed the lights in the toy hauler. When the repair facility took the light cover off, the apparent water and mold reflected trapped water in the roof.
As you could imagine, we were speechless at the fact that we were encountering another problem. Now the roof has water in it. How much more does Gulf Stream Coach Incorporated need in order for them to take back this horrible unit?
Gulf Stream advertises on their website that you have Access to Top Level Management, and that they listen to customer concerns.
We tried to communicate with the top level management, numerous times via e-mail, faxes, correspondence signed and received by the company via US Postal Service with no success. Daniel Shea, and Phil Savari, did not reply or communicate with us regarding these issues.

We finally communicated with service manager John Smith of Gulf Stream coach and asked him to replace this unit with another. The companies resolution to this problem was to ask us for an additional $30,000.00 in order to replace the unit. After all of the water leaks, poor manufacturing and safety concerns, the company was asking us for another $30,000.00? How could they ask us for this money after all of the manufacturing problems? We purchased this defective and un-repairable unit for $53,000.00
The company wanted to make an additional $30,000.00 from our distress. This action conveyed a clear understanding about the companys intention and business practices. Did the company not have any morals?

The company had sent two inspectors to look at the unit. Gulf Stream was made aware as to the findings and the seriousness of the issues with this trailer. On both occasions, a service manager and myself met with the inspectors and personally pointed out all of the issues. The unit was taken to an authorized facility. This facility had repaired the unit several times since the purchase. During the final inspection, the inspector was provided with a packet of service documents that exhibited past and current problems with this unit. The Service manager explained the history of repair work and pointed out the new problems. That was the last that we heard from Gulf Stream, until we got word from their attorney.

Gulf Streams attorney has presented us with an offer to take the fifth-wheel trailer once again to the repair shop for the seventeenth time for more repairs. We have taken the unit in for previous repairs and have received poor patched repair work as authorized by Gulf Stream. The company authorized shoddy patch work on a $53,000.00 unit that has had so many issues already? How can they feel that this is acceptable? Immediately we sent correspondence to the company expressing the outrage at the lack of resolution and care on their part and finally we decided that as consumers that we have had enough.
As advertised by Gulf Stream Incorporateds website:

When you head out in a Gulf Stream fifth wheel or travel trailer, you go with confidence. After all, you know its been built for the forests, beaches and mountains of America by people who love the outdoors almost as much as you. Were Gulf Stream. And weve been growing our reputation one family at a time. Since 1983, we havent been afraid to do things differently. To lead the industry and revolutionize the way you live out on the road. In fact, well do just about anything to make our trailers more livable. And it shows. Weve received the Recreational Vehicle Manufacturers Quality and Productivity award three years in a row. But its about more than just being revolutionary and earning distinctions. Its also about snagging the hearts of generations of adventurers by continuing to look for ways to make things better, more durable. Galvanized steel straps. Revolutionary slide-room technology. Essential ergonomics. And top-of-the-line appliances. At Gulf Stream, we're always looking ahead, continuing to research better ways to design and manufacture the strongest, most dependable fifth wheels and travel trailers on the road today. It's our mission. And we take it very seriously. Just ask our growing Gulf Stream family.
We have exhausted all of our efforts to resolve this issue with Gulf Stream Coach Incorporated, and are litigating this case in a court of law.

I cannot tell you how much this experience has taught us that Gulf Stream Coach advertises a lot of hype and needs to re-evaluate their core values and practices and start practicing what they preach or advertises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2009 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gulf-Stream-Coach-Inc/Nappanee-Indiana-46550/Gulf-Stream-Coach-Inc-Endura-Max-LLC-Buyers-Bewarer-Gulfstream-Coach-is-a-RIP-OFF-Nap-507758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gulf Stream Coach Inc.

Let's litagate Together

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

I too have had an experience with Gulf stream the Rip Off File #1155324, we did this video and are now planning to take legal action as certified letters, calls to the company to resolve are discounted and we want our money back on this unit.

Would love to get all the people on Rip off together and file a Class action suit.

It seems they discount all individuals who take action, perhaps a larger voice, can capture the respect we as buyers deserve from our experience and investment!  See our video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_YDHL54ng

Who is ready to stand together as a larger group?

thank YOU!

Comment on Gulf Stream Coaches

AUTHOR: Ellay - ()

Thank you for these honest reviews!  I was entertaining buying one of these but after reading this, I will not.  I don't want to get anywhere near a company that operates like this.  I have had severe problems like this with other companies, but these reviews are the worst I've ever heard.  Too sad that the company cares so little about the happiness of their customers.  They lost my business!

Another not so happy customer!!!

AUTHOR: Tom - (United States of America)

We are also fighting with Gulf Stream.  Read our report #566245.  We haven't even seen the RV Since June of 2009.  The factory has it for repairs???  Hired an attorney last August but that has only cost another $5,000.

Have you had any luck in a law suit? I am trying to settle but it is not going fast. I would like to know if you have made progress and if so how.....

Tom H. in Utah

I am a victim of Gulf-Stream myself!

AUTHOR: Amanda L. - (United States of America)

Hey there Orlando Fl.
My husband and I are also victims of this company. We bought our camper new in 2008. We bought a 2009 40' enduramax wide open toy hauler 5th wheel, I agree they sure look good on the inside (Cabinets, Fixtures,ext). After the purchases, we went to the dealership to pick up the unit (we bought straight off the lot of Gulf-stream Factory) there was our brand new 85,000.00 dollar camper with everything tore out, wires hanging everywhere at least 10 people working on it, it was a mess. (Wish we would have walked away at that very minute) :o(  But we didn't and have only had problems since. Gulf-stream conveniently came to our house to fix the camper since we live 2 hours from the place we purchased the camper. Oh yeah, convenient for them (they are now trying to state that the camper is NOT out of service when they come to your house to fix it).
I was reading everyone else's comments on here with other reports and I to got the pleasure of talking to John Baurh and Antony (Tony) Sutton. What a nightmare!! All the places we call about taking our camper for repair REFUSE once they find the make and model of is a GULF-STREAM product or ENDURAMAX LLC (Whichever company they are)!! I am to the point of just screaming to other consumers DON'T BUY A GULF-STREAM PRODUCT, save yourself the heartache. We had a forest river camper before this one and NEVER had a problem with it.
David Andrews from the company sold us this unit and made many promises about the unit only to fall through on all of them, or we had to go out of our way to continue to bother them, to get them to respond.
My WARNING to all other consumers, DONT buy a gulf-stream product. Take the time to read comments from others before you make a purchase of this type. The consumers won't lie; they WILL try to protect you from making the same mistakes they did. Unlike Gulf-Stream who continuously makes promises, only to break them or not follow up on them. I wish me and my husband would have done our homework and read a little more about consumer complaints before we bought our Gulf-Stream product. I GUARANTEE this, if we would have we would NOT OWN the GULF-STREAM GARBAGE in our driveway right now.