Complaint Review: GunBroker

• Submitted: Wed, April 09, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: jconerd63 — Kula Hawaii
, Select State/Province USA

GunBroker, drone161 aka Calvin Withrow Seller and Gunbroker Riped me off and now have blocked me from contacting customer service and terminated my account Finlay Ohio

*Author of original report: Action

*Author of original report: Fraud by Calvin Withrow/Gun Broker

. [continued below]....

Gunbroker/Calvin Withrow, on the 14th of March 2014 I won a auction that was a relist of a item that I had won prior, and the seller would not sign for a certified letter with payment from me and filed a non paying bidder, he himself said in feedback that it was a relist of the item. on the the 2nd listing I won the item for 38.00 less and I sent the original check for 79.95, this time he received and signed for the certified mail on the 17th,

on the 18th he filed a non paying bidder on the 21st the check cleared he filed a payment not received! Gunbroker.com told me to prove that I had sent payment so I scaned and sent them proof and they still would not accept that I had paid the seller, they sent me a email that stated that they had told the seller to refund the money, I have not received the money and the item has never arrived.

the seller is selling bulk ammo without a lic, I told Gunbrokers about it and they terminated my account and blocked me from contacting them because I asked them every day to either make him refund the money or for them to refund the money I told them that he was a lire and a fraud I file a fraud claim about it and they closed it the same day, they would not answer my emails or answer the complaints

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GunBroker/Select-StateProvince/GunBroker-drone161-aka-Calvin-Withrow-Seller-and-Gunbroker-Riped-me-off-and-now-have-blo-1137647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GunBroker

AUTHOR: jconerd63 - ()

As of 5-13-2014- No refund has been issued and no product has been delivered, there has been no comunication from GunBroker.com or Calvin Withrow! I want to apply interest to the amount paid and cost of sending certified mail. which as of todays date 05-13-2014 the total now due is $115.11

Fraud by Calvin Withrow/Gun Broker

AUTHOR: jconerd63 - ()

On March 14, 2014 a auction was won by me for 555 rounds of 22 LR ammo to be sent to,

Chris Daily

3216 Spider Dridge Rd,

Parkersburg W.V

On March 12, 2014 I won 555 rounds of 22 lr ammo from Calvin Withrow on Gun Brokers,

A certified check in the ammount of $79.95, He declined delivery or did not sign for the certifed mail it was returned to me!

He filed a none paying bidder, He himself posted feedback that the item had been relisted and I won the second auction again on March 14th, 2014. The certifed check was again mailed out!

A Certified check was recieved and signed for by Calvin Withrow on March 17, 2014 in the amount of $79.95.

On march 18th Calvin Withrow filed a none payment bidder claim against me. And again on March 21, and again on March 24, 2014 Gun Brokers Sent a email that indicated that my account had been suspendid due to a non payment auction and if I had proof that I had paid, and because he had stated that I did not pay for the item the 1st time he relisted and that I had won the item again, and that I had left negetive feedback on his handling of the first auction.

I supplied the proof to Gun Brokers, that they had requested,via email photo! and because it was for the amount of the first auction of $79.95 it was the amount of the first auction and  that it did not count for the second auction that would have been $62.95.

I sent him the amount of the 1st auction because I was trying to pay for the relist that he had told Gunbrokers I had not paid. I was trying to be nice about the whole deal, and I didnt want to have to pay to get another check from my bank.

The feed back stated it was a relist, to my knowledgewhen the word relist, it is to put the same item back up, so I paid the original amount which I did not have to, I could have paid less, but choose to save myself money!

The seller informed me that " He had 12 other boxes that he was selling so it wasnt for the same box it was for another box, I informed him at that time that he had stated in my feedback that it was a relist so it was for the same box or to prove to prove to me that it was for a different box and he told me to go to hell and to F**K off and indicated that I had contacted him several times by phone and threatend him which was false and I told him that I could prove that he was lieing that my phone records would prove that.

His false statements on my feed back and his lieing to gunbrokers.com and their siding with him, not only caused me the loss of the money but caused the loss of my account with gunbrokers.com. and has caused problems with other sellers, his lies put a dent in my reputation, my feed back was proof that I paid for my auctions that was 4 and 5 times higher than that amount.

Their was one other non paying bidder against me that was canceled because the seller had received the money.

In some cases it can take longer for money to reach the seller because I am in Hawaii, and they are on the mainland.

Because GunBrokers.com will not allow me access to my acount I can not retreave my feedback records.

I provided the truth and GunBrokers.com still sided with the other party and they indicated that they had contacted the other party and directed him to return the money!

They canceled my account and banned me from contacting customer service about the incident and attempting to either get a refund from them or they get the money from the seller.

I made several atempts the retrieve my funds and because of that, the blocked me, I attempted to contact them by phone and there is no way to do so.