Complaint Review: GunBroker

• Reported By: Luuv2sail — Keaau Hawaii
GunBroker
Internet USA

GunBroker Would not permit my registration Internet

If GunBroker.com had a decent customer service department it might be a good company, but it doesn’t. I wanted to bid on a Springfield M1A, so I registered. It was approved, and then it was disapproved. My contact information was “invalid.” I rechecked what I had entered and it was correct, so I sent a note to customer service asking for assistance. Nine hours later they replied that my contact information was “invalid.” With only three hours left for the auction I replied again that my info was correct and provided address and phone number. 24 hours later I sent another note. Three days later they replied that “General Delivery” was not a valid address. I notified customer service that “General Delivery” was the only mail service available for my area. There is no delivery to houses for thousands of people here and the wait list for PO Boxes is more than a year. My driver's license shows General Delivery, my credit cards are registered here, and my eBay and PayPal are registered here. Their next reply was that they can’t verify my address and Hawaii is not a gun friendly state. And if I can get a gun dealer to vouch for me and provide their license number, then GunBroker won’t report me to BATFE to investigate. All the other companies I deal with verified my address, including GunsAmerica, so I’m keeping my business there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GunBroker/internet/GunBroker-Would-not-permit-my-registration-Internet-1049881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GunBroker