Complaint Review: GunBroker.com

• Submitted: Sun, October 21, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: Who_Knew — United States of America
GunBroker.com

GunBroker.com Do Not Give Them Your Personal Information! Can't Find Out If Protected, Internet

Be very wary of giving this company your personal information, especially if they tell you they need to "verify" your identity.  I have tried registering to sell, as the "automatic" verification system apparently thought I lived somewhere in Russia as all the questions asked to verify my identity was in regards to a seemingly Russian citizen.  I assure you I was born in the US and have never even visited the former Soviet Union.

So, after multiple opening of customer issues they have refused to answer any questions and just keep telling me to email or fax a bunch of personally identifiable information.  I have sent documents several times and when I ask them where they are they refuse to tell me their process or how they protect their information.  It has been two weeks with multiple requests and they refuse to even acknowledge my questions.  And the few times they have gotten back to me the responses were the same like we were starting from scratch.

Anyone know an attorney to help me retrieve my personal information from this unprofessional organization?  I would like to know what their security processes are that are in place to protect my consumer rights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GunBrokercom/internet/GunBrokercom-Do-Not-Give-Them-Your-Personal-Information-Cant-Find-Out-If-Protected-In-958115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GunBroker.com