Complaint Review: Gunbroker.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: gunnysargent12 — east brady Pennsylvania United States of America
Gunbroker.com
Internet, Georgia United States of America

Gunbroker.com Fraudulent business practices, Terrible customer services Internet, Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Employee? Where is my W-2?

*Consumer Comment: moderator comes to gunbrokers rescue!

*Consumer Comment: You apparently can't read!

I submitted a listing on gunbroker.com to sell an item in an auction.  The auction was to last 10 days.  On day 3, I sold the firearm in my retail shop and contacted gunbroker.com to remove the listing.  I was told "To bad, review the user policy".  I then submitted an additional description to the listing advising

"Please Do Not bid on this item, the item was sold in my retail store and is no longer available for sale".  Some idiot came in there, I guess he could not read and placed (5) bids and ran the bid up to $726.00 on a pellet gun.  $726.00 on a pellet gun?   Now I am being charged a fee of $18.75 for an item that should have been removed in the first place, and secondly someone ran the bidding up after being told not to bid.

I tried contacting gunbroker. com customer service on this matter and I, once again, am being told "TOO BAD".     I am a professional by trade and I am an avid hunter and gun enthusiat.  IF you plan on being ripped off, then go ahead an register an account with gunbroker.com.    I am boycotting gunbroker.com and I would appreciate that this information is passed on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gunbrokercom/Internet-Georgia-/Gunbrokercom-Fraudulent-business-practices-Terrible-customer-services-Internet-Georgia-876134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gunbroker.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Employee? Where is my W-2?

AUTHOR: nunn - (United States of America)

Employees are paid.  I am not an employee, or even a contractor, of Gunbroker.  I moderate the forums, a separate entity from the auctions, on a volunteer basis.  So, not only is the complainant here a bonehead who can't read, he is also a liar.

Once an item is listed and has a winning bid, it is SOLD on Gunbroker and nowhere else.  Listing the item enters you into a contract with Gunbroker and any potential buyer.  It's right there in the tutorials, and in English.  It is not rocket science.

It cost you $18.75 to learn a lesson.  That is cheap.

moderator comes to gunbrokers rescue!

AUTHOR: dean - (United States of America)

I would like to say that Nunn is a moderator and is emloyed by Gunbroker. Hardly bjective I think. He and PIP are two useful idiots. remember me NUNN?  We had a nice exchange a couple of years ago.

You apparently can't read!

AUTHOR: nunn - (United States of America)

If there were bids, and no reserve, or reserve was met, then there is no place else you can legally sell it  but on Gunbroker.  Read the rules, bonehead!

I have been with Gunbroker since 1999, and have no problems, but then again, I read and follow the rules.