Complaint Review: Guru.com

Guru.com
5001 Baum Blvd., Suite 760 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Guru.com Guru_com Alert Guru is a Scam beware Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Guru.com is indeed a scam

Well Guru here is another report to be added.

I hired this person from India which now I no was a big mistake. Her name was Shrey Pathania. This was just a simple design for only 120.00. I gave her half the money down like she wanted. I asked and asked when this design would be done. She kept on giving me nothing but excuses. Well I figured that I would now take it to a dispute. Which I did. Now remember people I login everyday. I logged in and found out that she was awarded half of the money due to the fact that I didn't respond.

What Guru will not tell you is that they never gave me the the option to respond. So basically in a nut shell you can become a designer or whatever and take on a bid, ask for the half the money upfront get it and spend it. When you dispute it don't worry Guru knows that they can't get it back from overseas so they awarded her half. Ok so I lost $60.00. H*ll I should have just sent the money down to India just for the h*ll of it.

So to the people that read this. Take my advise. If you need to hire a person. Hire the person in your own city. This way you know where the person is. Thus you can take them to a court of law. When hiring abroad with guru you will never see your money unless you fly to the country and chase that person down.

Here is the kicker. I wasn't even aloud to rate this person. Guru wouldn't even let me rate this person.

Don't get Scammed by Guru. If enough of us people report Guru then they will find themselves out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2011 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gurucom/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15213/Gurucom-Gurucom-Alert-Guru-is-a-Scam-beware-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-691131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guru.com

Guru.com is indeed a scam

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

I was scammed by Guru.com just the same way you were, but lost more money than you did.. I agree that Guru.com is a scam. I would like to add something very important that Guru.com allows the freelancers to block negative feedback, so their feedback is just part of their scam.. Do not trust Guru.com or their Safepay either because you will never get your money back..