Complaint Review: Guthy-Renker

• Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: The Inventor — St. John's New Foundland
Guthy-Renker
41-550 Eclectic St. Suite 200 Palm Desert, California USA

Guthy-Renker If you invented a product PLEASE do not submit your invention to the Product Submissions Department at Guthy-Renker Palm Desert California

Guthy-Renker has been marketing an invention that I submitted to their "Product Submissions Department" in 2011.

I sent them a letter including five products which I invented on my own, in 2011.

One of the products has been selling in the United States approximately six months after they received my package.

I included everything I invented and a proposal letter for them to be exclusive to partner with me in marketing/selling these products.

A few weeks later in January 2012, I received a letter from Guthy-Renker stating they have a narrow focus on products and were not interested in my product. I kept this letter. I also kept my UPS packing slip containing the details of what was in the box that I had sent to Guthy-Renker.

They didn't  use Guthy-Renker's name when they started infomercialling my invention. It was being marketed through another name (company) which I figured out that they must be working together to market my idea and I would never know the difference. I will not disclose the other companies name but obviously they are working together to take my idea and market it without Guthy Renker's name being implicated.

I live in Canada, so of course they would not ship my invention to Canadian residents for the first year since they would not want me to find out their dispicable business ethics. When calling the toll free number to order my invention( their new product) the employees that answered for Guthy-Renker said " We do not ship to Canada

Since May, they have the infomercials showing on Canadian television. I guess they feel they are safe and sound with sending it to Canada and that I will not notice my own product.

The funny thing is, they even called it the same name as I disclosed on my proposal letter that was included in the package I sent them.

I am trying to find a lawyer who would be willing to work with me in sueing this business.

There are still ideas in the package that I am sure they have used another one, the past few months but not suspecting that I am on to them.

So basically they have a " Product Submissions Department" to get inventors ideas!

They are ruthless and dispicable.

Lawyers are more than welcome to contact me through this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker-/Palm-Desert-California-92260/Guthy-Renker-If-you-invented-a-product-PLEASE-do-not-submit-your-invention-to-the-Produc-1090336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy-Renker