Complaint Review: Guthy-Renker, LLC "Meaningful Beauty", ATT: Corrie Murphy

• Updated: Tue, May 15, 2012

• Reported By: Sharon - Sioux City — Sioux City Iowa United States of America
Guthy-Renker, LLC "Meaningful Beauty", ATT: Corrie Murphy
P.O. Box 10218 Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

Guthy-Renker, LLC "Meaningful Beauty", ATT: Corrie Murphy Meaningful Beauty Hoodwinked - ordered 30 day trial - received 90 supply with another supply coming in 90 days!!! Des Moines, Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: YOUR MONEY

I ordered a trial offer (30 day supply) of beauty products endorsed by Cindy Crawford from an infomercial for $39.95 from Meaningful Beauty - a California based company with all returns going to Des Moines, IA.  After supplying them with all of my information I hit send....my computer screen started dancing around and popped up with a 90 day supply at $150+.  I immediately e-mailed the company and was told by two people that there was nothing they could do about the order, which I received about 4 days later......after I stewed about this for a couple of days, I decided I was not going to be a part of their scam.... phoned a customer service rep, requested my account be cancelled, told him I was not paying the shipping - he offered a postage paid return, dropped all shipping and handling from my credit card(or at least says he did - we'll see) and hopefully my account is canceled.  The customer service rep also said that he filed a complaint with the company.   I did not now that this was an ongoing thing, until I read the letter that came with the product....low and behold, every 90 days you will receive a new shipment automatically.....I have not used the product and don't plan to.  As soon as the shipping label comes, it is all going back.  What a scam!!!!!  Oh, and the customer service center was out of Arizona!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2010 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker-LLC-Meaningful-Beauty-ATT-Corrie-Murphy/Des-Moines-Iowa-50981-0218/Guthy-Renker-LLC-Meaningful-Beauty-ATT-Corrie-Murphy-Meaningful-Beauty-Hoodwinked-o-612659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy-Renker, LLC "Meaningful Beauty", ATT: Corrie Murphy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

YOUR MONEY

AUTHOR: Honesty hurts - (USA)

CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD AND YOU WILL BE ISSUED A NEW ONE AND MEANINGFUL BEAUTY WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY!