Complaint Review: Guthy Renker Sheer Cover

• Updated: Wed, February 26, 2014

• Reported By: A Saavy Consumer — NY New York
Guthy Renker Sheer Cover
3600 Army Post Road , Select State/Province USA

Guthy Renker Sheer Cover They Do NOT honor their contract to cancel shipments and charges as requested! Des Moines Iowa

I ordered the trial offer of Sheer Cover at $35.94. I was told the shipments and charges could be cancelled at any time.

When I received the package, I called to cancel all additional orders because I was not happy with the quality of the items.

According to what I have read online, that was probably too late as they bill the next one in advance. That was $32.94 BUT the total charge was now $98.82 and was charged over the next 3 months.

I am certain that they have studied this situation carefully to see what consumer behavior is. Because when I did not have another package arrive, I thought that the cancellation had gone through.

So then, they must have sent another package and this was set aside at my home--I did not see this and they charged me again, $32.94 each month. I was not expecting any package so I never missed receiving this.

So today, when finally I was presented with the package from someone in my household and told that the charges were coming through every month, I called to cancel future orders and charges.

However, they would not allow me to return the last unopened shipment for credit.

I now want a full refund as I never wanted more than $35.94 worth of their products in the first place and those were of very very poor quality and not as advertised.

They are not a good company and apparently they tell everyone who calls that they never received the cancel future orders calls. I was told that I would receive an email with a cancellation confirmation number which has not happened. I imagine that that was how they got me the first time.

This is a very dishonest company.

I will file a punitive damages small claim for $5,000 including my refund unless I hear from the company directly with a full refund of $200.64 to my credit card. This is credit card fraud.

NJPT New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker-Sheer-Cover/Select-StateProvince/Guthy-Renker-Sheer-Cover-They-Do-NOT-honor-their-contract-to-cancel-shipments-and-charges-1126815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy Renker Sheer Cover