Complaint Review: Guthy Renker and Tony Robbins

• Updated: Sun, August 16, 2009

• Reported By: DontTrustGRC — Hawthorne California USA
Guthy Renker and Tony Robbins
www.ultimateedge.com Internet United States of America

Guthy Renker and Tony Robbins "Risk Free" offer keeps billing after cancellation Hawthorne, California

I fell for a Tony Robbins ad on TV of "only $39.00 risk free".

What I got was DVDs, good so far - but I got billed then $150 and $50.

I called Guthy-Renker to cancel, they confirmed cancellation.  I received one set of DVDs again, and refused them with the postal service.  To be safe I initiated a fraud alert with my credit card company.  They were able to get me refunded.

Following month, I got billed again for $99 and no product (not that expected any, but was I still getting billed?!?

After research, I found out that Guthy-Renker is boiler room operation that may try to front legitimate products, but really harvest your credit info and keep dinging it in the hope you don't notice.  They'll tell you your order is cancelled etc. but keep billing.

Whether its Proactive or Tony Robbins tapes - it this boiler room called Guthy-Renker is nothing more than a credit card scheme and if there is a class action suit, count me in.  I don't care what money I get, but I do care that these guys are put out of business.

I wrote Tony Robbins direct (I'd like to think he's still an honest, ethical guy) and told him about how is his reputation is getting damaged by this boiler room.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2009 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker-and-Tony-Robbins/internet/Guthy-Renker-and-Tony-Robbins-Risk-Free-offer-keeps-billing-after-cancellation-Hawthorn-480815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy Renker and Tony Robbins