Complaint Review: Guthy-Renker

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: Emily — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
Guthy-Renker
3340 Ocean Park Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405 Santa Monica, California United States of America

Guthy-Renker Proactiv I am being harassed to pay money that I do not owe to this company!! Santa Monica, California

*General Comment: Learn to read...

*Consumer Comment: It happened to me ....

I purchased ProActiv Solution on-line, my card was charged twice once on 1/30/2010 for $25.94 and then again on 2/27/2010 for $27.94.  I did receive products for both charges.  Normally I would expect to be charged again and sent my products, but my card expired and they were unable to charge me.  So basically I made 2 purchases.  I did not receive any products that I did not pay for and I did not pay for any products that I did not receive.

After my card expired I just decided to start purchasing my Proactiv from a kiosk at the mall.

After no longer buying my Proactiv online I received countless bills from the company claiming that I owed them $39.90.  I then got a phony collections notice from Proactiv claiming now that I owed them this money.  Yesterday I received a collections notice from SKO Brenner American Inc. claiming that I owe Proactiv $39.90.

My question is what am I being charged for?  I never received any products that I did not pay for.  I feel that this is Guthy-Renkers way of trying to intimidate me into continually being automatically charged for receiving their products.  The bottom line is that they shouldnt have the right to charge you for products that you havent received.  I have zero obligations to remain in the club.

I want for the collections notices to stop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2010 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker/Santa-Monica-California-90405/Guthy-Renker-Proactiv-I-am-being-harassed-to-pay-money-that-I-do-not-owe-to-this-company-668961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy-Renker

#1 General Comment

Learn to read...

AUTHOR: rlr386 - ()

I have used Proactiv since 2011. Via the web site it shows this:

Proactiv® 3-Step System 30-day Supply. WHEN YOU ORDER PROACTIV® TODAY, YOU’LL ALSO RECEIVE A FREE BLACKHEAD DISSOLVING GEL BONUS and a TRAVEL-SIZE GREEN TEA MOISTURIZER! For today’s 30-day 3-Step System, you will be charged 1 payment of $19.95 plus Paid S&H for this shipment. Starting 30 days from your order date, you'll receive a new 90-day supply of our Proactiv® 3-Step System every 3 months at the guaranteed low price of just $19.95 plus $2.99 S&H per month, which will conveniently be charged to the card you provide today unless you call to cancel.  There is no commitment and no minimum to buy.  To customize this program or future shipments and charges, call customer service anytime.  Every Proactiv® order comes with our 60-day Money Back Guarantee, less S&H.  Proactiv® is the #1 acne system in America!

This means that after the 30-day supply, you're sent 90-day supplies, and it's $19.95 plus $2.99 shipping and handling per month, which is why you have a bill for $39.90 (the 2 subsequent payments for the 90-day supply you obviously didn't pay for). Instead of saying that something is a scam, read things BEFORE --YOU-- make a purchase. Also, I'm sent an invoice every 3 months with my kit which explains the cost of the kit you're sent and the payment amounts and date for those kits...you're not sent an invoice just to toss to the side.

It happened to me ....

AUTHOR: Jen - (United States of America)

This exact thing has happened to me.  However, i have TWO "bogus " collection agencies trying to collect on this $45 for my Proactiv shipment I never requested.   Beware of SKO Brenner Ameircan AND North Shore Agency !! They generate automatically when Gunthy Renker item shows as past due.  Pay these agencies nothing!! If you do want to settle your bill because it is warranted, call the Proactiv 800 # directly for resolution... do not trust these collection agency mailings!!!

Paul