Complaint Review: Guthy Renker

• Updated: Wed, March 06, 2013

• Reported By: sharon — Saunderstown Rhode Island United States of America
Guthy Renker
PO Box 361448 Internet United States of America

Guthy Renker WEN Ordered introductory WEN product in Aug 2012 and cancelled immediately. Still getting shipments and now deliquent notice for $98.84 three month shipment. Please start a class action suit! Internet

I ordered the Wen introductory kit for $38.94 on 8/24/2012.  I did not like the product and got no-where with the customer service reps on the 1-800 line.   I told them to cancel this product since I did not like it. Finally I put the (introductory) order in dispute with my credit card company and the charge (less S & H) was removed.  THen I get a second kit and it was a 3 month supply at $98.84!....! called and told them I canceled this and did not want any more shipments.  They told me it said in the computer that my account said to temporarily stop the next shipment, but then start it up again.

I did not open box and returned it immediately.  I paid postage and got a delivery confirmation.  The $99.87 was removed from my account balance.  Then in December I got A 3rd DELIVERY!!!!!  I was irate and called customer service. They said they would send me a return address label and I should send back the unopened package and I would not have to pay shipping again.  I have since been receiving statements that I owe the $98.84 and called G-R (wen) and they said to wait about 6 weeks for the returned pkg to be processed.

Since that call (and now it is March 6th 2013!) I received the deliquent statement that if I do not pay, they will send this to collections.  I have contacted the RI Attorney General's office.  I kept backup of everything, including the pictures of the package with their return label and invoice for my "case". This is ridiculous.  I do not have time or patience for this and refuse to call their customer service rep one more time.  Please start a class action suit again Guthy-Renker.  I just googled complaints against this company and it is wide-spread!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Guthy-Renker/internet/Guthy-Renker-WEN-Ordered-introductory-WEN-product-in-Aug-2012-and-cancelled-immediately-1024292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Guthy Renker