Complaint Review: Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth

• Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Leo — Norcross Georgia United States of America
Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth
3620 Howell Ferry Road Duluth, Georgia United States of America

Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth They say they're in-network....but not the doctors Duluth, Georgia

I took my wife to the emergency room because she was having extreme pain in her ear, which was due to a torn ear drum.Initially, the doctor that saw my wifedid a quick check and diagnosed it as an infection.We told him that she was hearing a hissing noise all the time and that's usuallyconsistent with a torn ear drum. He looked again and confirmedthatit was indeed a torn ear drum. I didnt think much of it since doctors are human too and can make mistakes.

I had already known that Gwinnett Medical Center was an in-network provider and felt confident that my insurance would take care of everything. A few weeks later, I get a separate bill from that doctor. I called my insurance company and inquired about this. They informed me that the doctor is not an in-network provider. Gwinnett Medical Center is an "in-network" provider but they use contract doctors that are not "in-network".I calledthe billing department of GwinnettMedical andall theycan tell meis work it out with my insurance company. I dont understand this.My insurance companydidwhat they're supposed to do and payed what was supposed to be paid. GwinnettMedical is the onethat misled me. If Igo into an "in-network" hospital,I shouldn't have to worry if the doctor him/herself is"in-network", especially since this was an emergency situation.

Now my wife has her first blemish on her long and perfect credithistory since they sent this account over to collections. Iwill avoid doing business with this hospitalunless it was a dire emergency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gwinnett-Medical-Center-Duluth/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Gwinnett-Medical-Center-Duluth-They-say-theyre-in-networkbut-not-the-doctors-Dulut-690229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth