Complaint Review: Gymcats, Las Vegas

• Submitted: Fri, October 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Gymcats, Las Vegas
gymcats.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 702-566-1414
  • Web:
  • Category: Dance

Gymcats, Las Vegas Arrogant and Unbending to young girl wanting to go to classes Las Vegas Nevada

*General Comment: Gymcats Make-up Policy

My daughter has been going to Gymcats since 2005, over two years. She looked forward to this class more than anything else in her teen years. Unfortunately, due to money and scheduling issues, she could not continue attending in the new term starting October 22, 2007. We paid in full for the full number of classes in the previous term, and so she expected to be able to attend all the classes. Several circumstances arose in which she could not attend her class on October 4, due to pain in her legs (her high school teacher said shin splints), and she was out of town with her father from October 6 through the 14th, missing her October 11th class. She had informed them ahead of time about the missed classes, and her intention to make up those classes. On October 18th we were told that the classes had to be made up before October 22nd! There was no way we could do that!

When I pointed out that it was just NOT POSSIBLE that those classes could have been made up in our situation, we were just told TOO BAD. Basically, they were just ripping me off even though we had paid for the classes and my daughter wanted to make up the classes. The biggest complaint I have is that they were so ARROGANT about it. There was no sense of wanting to help out, no sense of understanding about time issues, no understanding whatsoever that this was an unworkable situation for us. No apologies, no compassion, nothing but their greed, their unbending rules, and their NEED TO BE STAUNCH. They got the money, they didn't lose anything. I got ripped off--ripped off my money for services not rendered, and one unhappy daughter. I'm shocked that they could be so short sighted. Instead of making sure we left as happy customers with a smile on our face, I was terribly offended (I had TWO staff members yelling at me at once about how it was my fault we couldn't attend the classes). I have no intention of ever stepping foot on their property again, and I intend to make sure I don't stay quiet about my poor treatment. I hope they are happy they got our money. It's clear that's all they wanted, because they sure didn't give a hoot about my daughter.

Patricia
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2007 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gymcats-Las-Vegas/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Gymcats-Las-Vegas-Arrogant-and-Unbending-to-young-girl-wanting-to-go-to-classes-Las-Vegas-279755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gymcats, Las Vegas

#1 General Comment

Gymcats Make-up Policy

AUTHOR: bbd - (United States of America)

You should have read the paperwork before signing. Also, I'm certain that your view of their temperaments is skewed, because you were so enraged that they wouldn't bend to accommodate you. Rules and policies are put into place for a reason. Had they made an exception for you, they would have had to make an exception for everyone.