Complaint Review: H. H. Gregg

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 30, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsville Kentucky
H. H. Gregg
1785 Campbell Lane Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.A.

H. H. Gregg Don't buy a camera or a warranty from them! They do not honor warranties! Bowling Green Kentucky

*Consumer Suggestion: WARRANTY COVERAGE

2 Christmas's ago I purchased 2 digital cameras and a video camera from the H. H. Gregg in Bowling Green, KY. Because cameras are delicate things I always purchase 3 year warranties on them. I actually went to their store because I wanted to give them some business, feeling sorry that Best Buy obviously had more customers. What an idiot I am.

I should have been worried when they gave me absolutely no paperwork when I bought the warranties. "It's in the computer. That's all you need."HA!!!

Within 1 year I was back in the store with camera #1. You can read the rip-off report I filed on this website. Over 2 months, multiple phone calls and trips to the store later we finally received the camera back.

2 weeks ago I had to take camera #2 in for repair. The shutter was obviously stuck. We took it in expecting an immediate fight and were gratified when they took the camera and even gave us paperwork.

Tonight I got the phone call. Your warranty is being denied because the camera has some form of impact damage. Well, duh! That's why you buy a warranty for a digital camera!! No, we didn't drop it or sit on it. The shutter is stuck but they claim impact damage.

Don't shop at HH Gregg. Even if something is less expensive, you get what you pay for.

Carolyn
Scottsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-H-Gregg/Bowling-Green-Kentucky-42101/H-H-Gregg-Dont-buy-a-camera-or-a-warranty-from-them-They-do-not-honor-warranties-Bowl-306112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H. H. Gregg

#1 Consumer Suggestion

WARRANTY COVERAGE

AUTHOR: Smrtr_thn_u - (U.S.A.)

a warranty for a camera DOES NOT cover impact damage of any kind. you will not be given a new camera just because you didnt take good enough care of it. warranty's are put in place in case a product breaks...NOT IF YOU BREAK IT

giant