Complaint Review: H H Gregg

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:CinCinnati Ohio
H H Gregg
1 Glenn Crossing Way Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

H H Gregg Sold me a Used Washer as New Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Not really a rip-off check all new washers for a sloshing sound

I went to buy a new washer and dryer because my reliable Kenmore stackable had suddenly died. I had to go pretty inexpensively on this one because I didn't have the funds available for this emergency purchase. I saw a big sale at HH Gregg on washer and dryer combos for around 500 dollars. This combo wouldn't work for me because the washer didn't run on hot (bad is you want to wash towels) and the dryer only dried on hot) bad if you want to dry anything delicate. Naturally, this move most people up into a higher price range. So, I saw a GE floor model washer that had been reduced. I and my uncle asked what was wrong with it. They said they had simply stopped selling that particular model. We said okay. We went with a slight higher priced dryer and that washer. They tried to tell us delivery would be 69 dollars each when we had just head another sales person say something else then he told us that we would have to buy the plugs to the machines separate because they didn't come with plugs but when we looked behind them they had them. Finally, he told us, that I would need these new 30 dollar hoses (I had my Kenmore installed 3 years ago when I moved from one rental to another my friend, a professional plumber so I know the hoses were fine). We took the two machines, a new vent and a cord (because we needed a 220 instead of 110) and left. While we were unloading the washer from my uncle's truck in the hot sun (in had only been sunny) on his dolly, the washer started leaking water. Clearly the tub was dry but the water had to come from inside the washer. Someone had used that washer, it wasn't just a model they had been just discontinued, it had been used. They lied.

Honeybee
CinCinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-H-Gregg/Cincinnati-Ohio-45238/H-H-Gregg-Sold-me-a-Used-Washer-as-New-Cincinnati-Ohio-350290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H H Gregg

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Not really a rip-off check all new washers for a sloshing sound

AUTHOR: Mhedrick06 - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to add I have been in the appliance industry for 8 years and have never seen a washer without water in it. If washers did not contain water as shipped from the manufacturer the seals around the base of the outer drum would do something referred to as "dry rot" which in turn causes deterioration of the seal and eventually leads to leaking of the machine in question. If it were used they would have disclosed that to you I'm sure. I think what you have done is maybe jumped to conclusions. Next time you're in any appliance or home improvement store move the agitator of any top load or turn the drum of any front load washer. What you will hear is the sloshing of water. So maybe what you have there is a perfectly normal washer. In fact I would challenge you to find a washer or any claim to put down what I have stated. Another thing it's a retail store of course they're going to try and sell you things. So fault when it's due, but in this case I don't think there is any fault other than a misunderstanding on the part of the consumer.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC