Complaint Review: H H Gregg

• Submitted: Mon, March 05, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2007

• Reported By:BrookPark Ohio
H H Gregg
4151 E. 96th Street Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

H H Gregg Service and Warantee rip off Indianapolis Indiana

I Purchased an Onkyo top of the line Series 800 Home Theater Receiver along with the extended warrantee. I was promised that if something went wrong and it couldn't be repaired that I would be given the same model or if not available, the next model up. 11 Months ago I sent my receiver in for repairs, it has been returned un-repaired 3 times and is currently still in service. After 11 months H.H.Gregg has admitted they can't fix the unit, but they don't sell the top of the line anymore so they are only willing to give me a middle of the line series 600 receiver worth half of the current value of the current model, and having significantly less features as the unit I purchased because that's all they have on the shelf. Neither will they refund my money so I could purchase the unit they owe me somewhere else. So here I sit, going on a year now. I have purchased a cheap stereo just so I could listen to music for the last 11 months. I have been on the phone, in the store, and at the distribution center countless times with constantly differing stories and excuses and outright lies. It appears at this point that I will have to retain an attorney and sue H.H.Gregg in order to force them to honor their warrantee. Lesson learned here. I should have check their listing with the BBB before I purchased from them. Seems they have exactly this problem with customers at a rate of about once a week. That add up to a LOT of ripped off people.

BrookPark, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2007 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-H-Gregg/Indianapolis-Indiana/H-H-Gregg-Service-and-Warantee-rip-off-Indianapolis-Indiana-238238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H H Gregg