- Report: #1088719
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: H. Kent Hollins
H. Kent HollinsTopeka, Kansas USA
H. Kent Hollins H Kent Hollins - Attorney in Topeka, Kanas Topeka Kansas
*Author of original report: Attorney H. Kent Hollins
*Author of original report: Kent H. Hollins
*Author of original report: H Kent Hollins - Kent Hollins
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
H. Kent Hollins and though he goes by many 'aliases' and further presents himself as practicing law, is really running a Collection Agency' called High Performance Collections. On many websites, there is gossip, 3rd hand reports and all manner of uncofirmed allegations about what goes on inside his company. I want all to be careful with such allegations because it takes focus from the real issue; some of his debt collection practices. I've only been on his trail for several hours thus far and owing only to my wife receiving threatening letters which demand payment from a 20 year old parking ticket. It's no big deal and I am preparing a rebuttal right now to be presented in court. I mean really, it's a simple statue of limitations issue which expired 18 or so years ago and surely I will present other case law to refute his incompetent attempts to collect that which neither he nor the City of Topeka is owed. [continued below]....
I am not here to be negative or any such thing because many whom he tries to collect from are still legally obligated to pay the debt although they'd say different. Nevertheless; let's begin with just a few facts for any who come in contact with Mr. Hollis;
1. H. Kent Hollins owns or operates a debt collection agency. Whether he is a real attorney or not is irrelevant. Those he tries to collect from see the 'Attorney for the Plaintiff' on these letters which appearing to come from a court appointed representative and are nothing of the sort! People react differently to letters with headers of private collection company's compared to 'official' looking documents. If you've received these from Hollis and although the fines were produced by a court, the court surely isn't sending them to people and I believe neither have they hired Hollis to do so.
It is a matter of Hollis searching an archived, court house database, printing information and using 'boiler plate' documents, depending on debt owed, and mailing. Neither is he some super slueth for finding people who have moved. There are dozens of Internet Databases which, for a small fee, will locate you such as Intellius. Another trick he uses is sending it certified mail to make it look more official. I am still researching and speaking with legal counsel on how he is able to file liens as he does for a city or county government.
2. His company scours old court house records looking for opportunities to receive money which, according to the statue of limitations in many cases have expired and then sends a threatening letter saying some form of legal judgment is pending. This tactic, although irrelevant for many of his threats, will never 'see the light of day' if defendents understand simple statue of limitation laws available through simple Internt searches. Stop whining and take action! Begin with writing a rebuttal, mail it to THE COURTS (if things proceed that far) and not Hollins and he has no chance of winning. If you owe the money, make up an official repayment schedule, send the first few payments to the court, packaged with a letter explaining everything.People like Hollins want to keep you in the dark and believe me, the last thing they want is for you to make a payment schedule according to your desires. Years ago - I had a $2,000 medical bill, it went to collections, I sent them $5 per month for a year and they settled for pennies on the dollar with me.I ended up paying a toal of $250 to settle. What am I saying? Make a small payment and drag it out as long as possible to force a super-cheap settlement. IRS debt? Write them offering to settle for pennies on the dollar also. Most likely, they will. These company's hire people like Hollins to 'recoup as much of the loss as possible'. Your job is to force a settlement but you can't do that is you don't pay anything (if statue of limitations, bankruptcy or other situation hasn't occured first).
Note: NEVER-EVER give these people a bank account number, check or other financial instution information. Send in Money orders only. Trust me on this
Judgments don't happen because of 'failure to pay enough' rather 'failure to pay at all' or make arrangements.
3. As in any unsavory collection practice, Mr. Hollis is counting on fear of wage garnishment or threat of garnishing bank accounts to make defendents pay either more than they owe or those having no further obligation to at all. For those who do owe money, Hollis or any other collection agency, can't make you pay more than you are able to. Remember - the more they collect, the more commission earned from company's they represent. For instance, a collection agency representing Wells Fargo was threatening a friend of mine. They demanded that she, using the same threats as Hollis has towards my wife, pay hundreds per month. I told her to tell the collection agency she can pay $50 per month and would pay no more. The collection agency accepted (after mountains of threats of course) but why? Judgments and default decisions occur when NO payment arrangements are made or attempted. Document what you offered the agency and should they haul you into court and it is made known you ATTEMPTED to make arrangements which, although satisfactory to you, were not to the lien holder, the judge will rule against the lien holder and they know this! You've heard of debt settlement companies right? They do NOTHING you can't regardless of what they claim. You can settle your debts for less without them. I would go even further to say, once debts go into collection (sure your credit is ruined) it is you are in a position of strength, not Mr. Hollis or even lein holders.
Of course much more could be written however, it is no coincidence Mr. Hollis crossed my path. As an Internet Marketing expert, I am going to do what no other has been able to; warn and educate anyone searching his name, company, street address, social profiles or other in a clear, non-emotional, factual driven way. I want to encourage each reader who, according to your web search parameters, not to whine and complain about this man but expose him. Also; know your rights and respond to any summons not with emotions rather, from an understanding your rights perspective! I thought to drive to Topeka, from our home, in Denver, for the court date which is much more expensive than the letter he sent demanded payment for. Nevertheless; this guy is a JOKE and case so weak it is going to take about 3 sentences to get it thrown out of court. He wants my wife and others like her to PAY UP before it gets that far. A great gamble really.
In closing; I'd like to hear from any who believe something unsavory is going on with Mr. Hollis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hollis is 'small potatoes' and if I could just get factual stories which I can verify personally, HE IS TOAST in an online environment. I'd also like to hear from former employees with documented evidence of 'law breaking' IF it occured inside the organization. Sorry - your word isn't enough. Current employees of Mr. Hollis - start documenting, secret video recording or whatever needs to be done. If I don't miss my guess, he destroys employees and many have said nothing and certainly, not effectively so.
I will begin with a search the Kansas Bar Association to see what I can find on this guy. If I hear from enough with the same issues, I will get RADICAL online and make a significant investment with both exposing and informing.
Brian D. Dale
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-Kent-Hollins/Topeka-Kansas/H-Kent-Hollins-H-Kent-Hollins-Attorney-in-Topeka-Kanas-Topeka-Kansas-1088719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.