specimen

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Dana M — Compton California United States of America
H & R Block
134-A E Compton blvd Comton, California United States of America

H & R Block Misleading, Does not Disclose Fee's, Inappropriate Sexual Comments from Tax Preparer Comton, California

I've had a horrible experience with h&r block. On Jan 24, My tax Preparer Eddie McCloud at the 134-A E. Compton Blvd. rushed thru my preparations, fully aware I was sick. I was informed over the ph when I called if the Free Federal Filing was avail i saw inline was also free in the store. I was told Yes. My Preparer only asked if I wanted the "peace of mind" which cost extra. No other fee's where mentioned. He told me what my refund would be. I was satisfied with that. It was only after returning the following day to bring in my daycare info I learned i was being charged almost $300 in fees. This was after he printed my forms, put in the envelope. I asked to see my papers. When questioned the amount (federal was supposed to be free) he showed me tax forms done by another firm and the amt that client paid and said how i saved a lot compared to other services.

I was too sick to deal with it then. He also made inappropriate comments of a sexual nature to me as well. i left there feeling mislead and taken advantage of. I called the toll free number a few days later and was given the name the office manager lashonda parker. we spoke and set up a meeting on Jan 28. I reiterated how I what happened...she apologized and said she would give me a $50 discount. However refund was processing therefore this wasn't possible. She advised me she had a meeting with her district manager the following day and would see how we could resolve. She asked me to call her after 1pm which I did, however my voicemail went unreturned. I made another attempt and she still was not avail. I called the toll free number and asked to file a complaint and asked for the name of the district manager for that area. I was advised that wasn't possible and had to wait 5-7 days for a callback. I called Lashonda again, and had to remind her of my situation. She assured me she would call me back again and she didn't. I called again and was told she was out, the person asked my name and if i wanted to leave a message for her. Upon giving my name, she asked me to hold on while she try call her on her other ph. She came back to line and advised me lashonda would be calling by noon today 2/14. Well that didnt happen, so I callled around 4pm and was told she wasn't there. I asked for the name and number of the district manger and was given Danny Eneler. I left him a vm and he immediately called me back. He was not aware of my circumstances. In the midst of explaining to him, he cut me off and advised me Eddie was one of his best reps. He tried to make it seem that since I signed to have papers that feee's were coming out of my refund then that was my indication. I had to further explain again that fee's were never discussed and I was under the impression it was free. He was very condescending until I mentioned the sexual comments his best employee also made towards me. He never apologized for anything but did say Lashonda (manager) would have to pay out her fee's (whatever that meant). But he would make sure she calls me by tomorrow 4pm.

At this point i'm not to sure about that. I will never again use H&R Block. I filed a consumer affairs complaint and BBB which I intend on going through with after my "conversation" with Danny the District Manager

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-R-Block/Comton-California-90221/H-R-Block-Misleading-Does-not-Disclose-Fees-Inappropriate-Sexual-Comments-from-Tax-P-1014557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H & R Block