Complaint Review: H & R Block

• Reported By: julieq422 — Sterling heights Michigan United States of America
H & R Block
35748 Van Dyke Sterling Heights, Michigan United States of America

H & R Block Tax Fee and Emerald Card Ripoff Sterling Heights, Michigan

I filed my taxes with H & R Block for the 2nd year in a row, they had all my information stored from last year, so it took the guy about 15-20 minutes of time to update my current earnings etc.  They charged me $260 for that little amount of time!  Then, I was told if I wanted to file electronically (which always used to be free, and is still on most websites), I would have to pay $48 - OR - put my refund on their Emerald debit card.  No information was given at that time about any fees, charges, etc.  I just had to make a decision and, no brainer, went with no fee.  Then I get the debit card and go to my bank to try and withdraw cash for the whole refund of $1400 and can't, so I try $500 and it works.  I had misplaced the Emerald card instructions, so went to H & R Block to find out what's going on.  Turns out, there is a $50 fee for any cash withdrawal at your bank, not to mention, fee's for debit card transactions.  Anyway, wanted the entire balance of my refund in my bank account (where it rightfully should have been to begin with!), so went back to the bank to withdraw the balance, minus another $5o transaction fee, just to get what was coming to me!  So there's $100 in fees to H & R on top of the $260 they charged me for 20 minutes of doing taxes....so $360 for a single mother who lives check to check just to get taxes done.  Wow...they belong in the hall of shame!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/H-R-Block/Sterling-Heights-Michigan-48312/H-R-Block-Tax-Fee-and-Emerald-Card-Ripoff-Sterling-Heights-Michigan-846230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on H & R Block