Complaint Review: HAIR CLUB

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: BERNICE — CLEVELAND Ohio United States of America
HAIR CLUB
5 COMMERCE CENTER - 23250 CHAGRIN BLVD #400 BEACHWOOD, Ohio United States of America

HAIR CLUB HAIR CLUB NOT TRUE TO ADVERTISING BEACHWOOD, Ohio

*Author of original report: Hair CLUB RIP OFF RETRACTION

This is a note to inform anyone and everyone using the Hair Club to think again and think hard before using it because they tell you one thing it turns out to be another.

I signed up with the Hair Club September 18, 2012 after a brief hair analysis where I was told that I had Alopecia.  I was told that I could have a strain-by-strain process done where they use a medical grade liquid adhesive called Polyfuse.  I was impressed with the before and after pictures that were shown to me of other clients that had this process done.  I was given a price quote of $2,000 and I used my credit card for an initial payment of $500.  I was told that this hair would be permanent; I could shampoo, condition, and curl it just like my own hair.  I also picked out the color of the hair I wanted and the style.  I chose two different colors because I wanted a mix (brown and blonde).  Neither to say, I was impressed.  The balance of the money had to be paid before they ordered the hair from India and it would take about eight weeks or so before receiving it.  I paid the balance owed $1500 on September 29th.   I received a call to come in on November 15th to come in to get my new hair.

Heres what happened --- I was showned a small sample of the hair and I informed them that the hair only had one color (brown).  I had chosen blonde and brown.  The beautician said that there were blonde in the hair and that it would lighten up. After she washed and conditioned my hair and dried it, she brought this wig in and said this is your hair.  This is the reason they measure your head so they can make a wig for you.  What happened to the strain-by-strain process?  I should have stopped her at this point and tell her I wanted a refund because no one told me that I was paying for a wig to be glued to my head.  I let her proceed because I was told that this would be permanent hair. The beautician proceeded to put all this glue around my head with a small brush and put some sticky stuff on the inside of the wig and placed it on my head.  Making adjustments and mashing it down on my head. I thought to myself at that time, this is nothing more than a quick weave only she is gluing the entire wig to my head. She began to spray it and add some foam, cutting, curling, and stylingit.  I had given her a picture of the style I wanted, neither to say when she finished, it looked nothing like thepicture.

I have had quick weaves before and it only costed $35 and I was very pleased.  Here I have a very, very expensive quick weave, and it is nothing compared to the ones I have had for far less money in the past.

Now comes the shocker --- after the beautician had finished, these people comes in the room telling me how good I look and how pretty my hair was.  To be truthful, it was not all that.  I was told to follow this other representative into a room (along with my husband) because she wanted to explain some plans to me.  First, she said it is customary to tip the beautician $40 to $100 that is only if you wish.  I told her when I paid you $2,000 my tips were included.  Then she was showing me the different plans that you should take advantage of in order to maintain your hair.  She said the bronze plan would probably be best for me and that would cost $1485 and I could pay around $335 a month until the balance is paid.  I told her that if I could pay that, if I could pay that, I would have me a brand new car.  That plan would include so many shampoos and conditions; also, if you wanted to add color. If you do not accept a plan, it will cost $95 every time you come in, plus $75 (I forgot what the $75 was for).

They expect you to come into the office every 4-6 weeks.  Also, after about six months, they want you to order new hair and that will cost you $1250 (somewhere in that range).

I explained to her that I did not know that all of these extra fees would be involved.  I was not told this from the onset.  If I had been told that I was going to have a wig glued to my head instead of the strain-to-strain process I would never had that procedure. In their contract, it says strain-to-strain.  Neither to say my husband was disappointed and I was extremely disappointed.

Ladies, avoid Hair Club, they are a RIP OFF.  You can go to a regular beautician and get a quick weave or sow in, if you have enough hair for them to braid and make a foundation.  You can go to any beauty supply place and purchase your hair.  I was taken in by Hair Club and it costed me $2000 for something I could have gotten for $35.  As the saying goes BUYER BEWARE.  I hope and pray this helps someone.  God bless!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HAIR-CLUB/BEACHWOOD-Ohio-44122/HAIR-CLUB-HAIR-CLUB-NOT-TRUE-TO-ADVERTISING-BEACHWOOD-Ohio-970346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HAIR CLUB

Hair CLUB RIP OFF RETRACTION

AUTHOR: BERNICE - (United States of America)

I filed a complaint against Hair Club in Beachwood, OH because I thought I was being ripped off.  I felt this way because I was ripped off in 2007 by DRA in Dallas, TX and I thought it was happening again.

James Wishnek, Managing Director, Kelli Isaac, Membership Advisor, Rebecca Rea, Consultant, and Nicki the beautician, all met with me and my husband to come to an agreeable resolution.  They were very professional and nice and offered me other alternatives.  The agreement we decided upon was very much to my satisfaction.  I was told by Mr. Wishnek, I should have contacted him to express my dissatisfaction and all of this could have been avoided.

I am going to write a letter of apology to the business office of Hair Club for Men & Women in New York letting them know that the situation has been resolved.

However, it is still my contention that you obtain a through understanding of what you are getting into before buying and signing.