• Report: #220706

• Submitted: Wed, November 15, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 15, 2006

• Reported By:flushing New York
HALF.COM
HALF.COM USA Internet U.S.A.

HALF.COM have worst buyer protection policy. Thye DONOT Respond Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: You cannot simply "trust good seller ratings"...

I ordered a text book in the last week of july 2006 that cost me arround 73$. I never recieved the book. I send multiple messages to seller and never get a response from him. Their buyer protection policy is slow that it make me wait close to 60 days to actualy file the claim and another 30 day wait to to process claim.

Its close to four months and I do not recieve any response from them yet. Its so horrible and disappointing. There is no way to contact them on phone. They donot prove any email address to actually contact them or email them for any outstanding issue.

I actually went to thier websites 100s of times to see if there is any update. They wasted lot of my time . I highly recomend that if seller do not have very high rating and donot have feed back score higher than 100 please donot order anything from half.com

Jabran
flushing, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2006 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HALFCOM/internet/HALFCOM-have-worst-buyer-protection-policy-Thye-DONOT-Respond-Ripoff-Internet-220706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HALF.COM

You cannot simply "trust good seller ratings"...

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

I know an audio dealer who offers various used tradein equipment deals on ebay and he has a fantastic rating there, but the actual reason I trust him is because I've known him for 25 years. So I am willing to simply accept his 'word' when dealing with him.

Another seller with an equally fantastic rating sent me a *very* used guitar with rusted strings. That guitar was supposed to be "new but blemished" with some precision CNC machining performed to correct the faulty frets that caused string buzzing and that "new but blemished" classification.

I sent that guitar back and I did get a refund to my CC. A CC gives you a LOT of chargeback leverage in these web auctions if you manage your CC dispute rights correctly.

I would be concerned that the 90 days implied in your statement "buyer protection policy is slow that it make me wait close to 60 days to actualy file the claim and another 30 day wait to to process claim" could make it harder to execute a CC chargeback.