• Report: #521949

• Updated: Tue, November 10, 2009

• Reported By: Desiree — Oak Park Illinois USA
HAPPINESS IS PETS
616 E. Roosevelt Lombard, Illinois United States of America

HAPPINESS IS PETS They sold me a puppy that they knew was sick! Lombard, Illinois

I bought a 11 week old puppy last August, and two days later I had to take it to the ER and was told that the dog has pneumonia and it cost me $500. The vet said that when the dog left the store that they clearly would have known that it had kennel cough or some type of cold. Since they did not tell me and then it developed into a  worse condition which required emergency care, I believe that I am entitled to full reimbursement for the hospital bill. The contract states that the 14 day health warranty must be done at their approved veterinary clinics, but NONE of those clinics are 24-7! What was I supposed to do, let her die? Not take her in? Or tell the ER vet to just let her die because I'm not going to pay the bill?

Happiness Is Pets reimbursed me for only 25% of the medical bill because of the fact that the visit was not made at one of their approved clinics (as according to the contract). I am not stating that they violated the contract, I am simply warning other customers that this could happen to them. My puppy has had ongoing medical issues related to pneumonia or some type of recurring cold. She has cost me a lot of money. I just believe that it is unethical business practice and that the store should have taken full responsibility for the situation for the sake of practicing good business. They sold me a puppy which they knew was sick without informing me!

Be CAREFUL when buying from this store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HAPPINESS-IS-PETS/Lombard-Illinois-60148/HAPPINESS-IS-PETS-They-sold-me-a-puppy-that-they-knew-was-sick-Lombard-Illinois-521949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HAPPINESS IS PETS