Complaint Review: HARLEM FURNITURE THE ROOM PLACE

• Submitted: Tue, July 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 17, 2007

• Reported By:Schaumburg Illinois
HARLEM FURNITURE THE ROOM PLACE
31 GOLF ROAD HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois U.S.A.

HARLEM FURNITURE THE ROOM PLACE RIPOFF INFERIOR MERCHANDISE NO QUALITY CONTROL AT MANUFACTUER OR AT INTAKE POINT HOFFMAN ESTATES Illinois

On June 26th I purchased a bedroom set from Harlem Furniture The Room Place in Hoffman Estates, IL it was delivered on June 30th with one of the bottom drawers falling off in my hand the other drawers in the dresser had the joints coming apart, the chest of drawers was delivered with the finish being chipped away at the bottom. The night stand, lamps and picture came in perfect.

I called the customer service department about the condition and was told they would exchange the pieces. The new pieces were delivered on July 3rd with the dresser drawers in worse shape than the original with the exception the front of the drawers did not come off in your had. All the joints in the drawers were coming apart and had to be replaced by the original drawers from the original dresser.

I called and spoke with Karen Thompson and emailed the pictures of the drawers to her; she told me that new drawers had been ordered. I then asked for a rabate on the purchase, which at this time I felt was applicable, since this would be the third set of drawers to be replaced - all she could offer was a 10% coupon up to $125 for anything in the store.

I went over her head to Sharon Wigdzinski, Mr. Bruce Berman's Secretary; Bruce Berman is the President and CEO of Harlem Furniture - she refused my request also.

By the way at the time I purchased the set it was on sale, now it is up to regular price almost $1,300, so this was not a cheap set.

I am still waiting for the drawers and am so angry at myself for making a purchase at this store. I am wondering when, if ever, I will see the new drawers.

Elaine
Schaumburg, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2007 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HARLEM-FURNITURE-THE-ROOM-PLACE/HOFFMAN-ESTATES-Illinois-60194/HARLEM-FURNITURE-THE-ROOM-PLACE-RIPOFF-INFERIOR-MERCHANDISE-NO-QUALITY-CONTROL-AT-MANUFACT-261486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HARLEM FURNITURE THE ROOM PLACE