Complaint Review: HAYNES FURNITURE

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Mechanicsville Virginia
HAYNES FURNITURE
WEST BROAD STREET RICHMOND, Virginia U.S.A.

HAYNES FURNITURE PRICE CHAMELEONS RICHMOND Virginia

WOW! In February this year, my husband met with a sales associate Mark Merlin to look at the 3 piece reclining sectional by Southern Motion. The orginal price was $1999.00 and the sale price was $1749.00 - $250 off. Mr. Merlin gave my husband the card so he could write down the sales information to share with me.

It's April. Today is Wednesday and Haynes is having their "one day only" sale. I take the business card with the pricing on the back to the store and speak with a Tracy. (she never gave me her card) She takes me to the sectional. GUESS WHAT? The orginal price is now $2499.00 and the 20% sale price is $1999.00. I show her the card.

She leaves to speak with an invisible manager for 20 mintues, who happened to have stepped out. She take a photo copy of the card with the pricing and my cell number and promises to call me once she speaks to a manager. I offered $1600.00 cash right then if she wanted a sale. She indicated she could not without approval.

Two hours later I call the store and ask for Tracy. Her invisible manager is just getting back and I am placed on hold for another 10 minutes. When Tracy returns, no one can figure out where the original price of $1999.00 came from, Mark Merlin has a lapse of memory completely, AND the $1749.00 sale price cannot be honored at all. Again I offered a cash price of $1600.00, again it was declined.

SOOO in this tough economy, with everyone penny pinching, how is it that a sale couldn't be negotitated? Cash. EASY COMMISSION! I guess Tracy wasn't hungry enough. Maybe she ate her manager since I never saw or heard from one.

PRICE CHAMELEONS.... NEVER KNOW WHEN THE PRICE WILL BE MARKED UP SO IT CAN BE MARKED DOWN....

Stephanie
Mechanicsville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HAYNES-FURNITURE/RICHMOND-Virginia/HAYNES-FURNITURE-PRICE-CHAMELEONS-RICHMOND-Virginia-443809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HAYNES FURNITURE