Complaint Review: HB Investments - Benjamin Haguel

• Submitted: Tue, July 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By:Austin Texas
HB Investments - Benjamin Haguel
287 S Robertson Blvd, Suite 550 Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-469-7070
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

HB Investments - Benjamin Haguel Ripped me off for $10,600 Beverly Hills California

*Consumer Comment: also a victim

*Consumer Comment: Total Lie

* : Amazing what people can do to justify their stupidity!

Benjamin Haguel and HB Investments contacted me back in February indicating that they could provide commercial real estate financing for my company. I sent Benjamin $5,600 for one deal and $4,000 for another. My sellers asked for proof of funds and Benjamin provided an apparently fraudulent bank letter stating that he had $20m in funds available to lend. This bank letter was fraudulent in and of itself and provided no contact information to verify the funds. Benjamin provided me with two loan commitment letters and eventually backed out on each deal siting bogus reasons for the withdrawal. Two days after receiving my money, Benjamin took off to France claiming that his father was sick and about to die. Likely story right? Benjamin is nothing but a fraud, a cheat and a liar.

Scambuster72
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2009 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HB-Investments-Benjamin-Haguel/Beverly-Hills-California-90211/HB-Investments-Benjamin-Haguel-Ripped-me-off-for-10600-Beverly-Hills-California-474358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HB Investments - Benjamin Haguel

also a victim

AUTHOR: victim1 - (United States of America)

Scambuster 72/Austin Texas-  I am also a victim and ripped off $50,000 by professional con man Benjamin Haguel under the auspices of HB Investments.  We are not the only ones and he continues to commit fraud under various business entities.  Please assist in investigation and contact me at cordiawan@gmail.com   Thank you much-

Total Lie

AUTHOR: sr4820 - (United States of America)

I have been a client of HB Investments for about 5 years now, I was one of their first clients. I have to say that I am very pleased during these 5 years for the services rendered and funds management.
There are no other complaints on Mr. Haguel or HB Investments and it seems to me that this issue is always the same. When you don't deliver the service up to the expectations of some consumers, they automatically file reports, chargebacks. Is it fair.
Is there a rippofrepport for companies that get ripped off everyday by consumers?

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MR. HAGUEL'S WORK AND SERVICES AND WILL PROVE IT TO ANY ONE. They have worked to our expectations and made incredible returns with our 401K. Please check all over internet and courts there are no reports or lawsuits against Mr. Haguel or HB Investments or anyone working with them!
sr4820

#3

Amazing what people can do to justify their stupidity!

AUTHOR: Benjamin - (USA)

Scambuster72 aka Tim Smith:
14 Monarch Oaks Lane, Austin , TX 78738.

T: 512-351-9930

Contacted me to obtain financing for commercial properties in Texas. I warned him from the start that I won't be able to provide 100%. I started working, because I work on commission only.

Some of his properties required a very strong due diligence and he accepted, that I will do his due diligence on 2 properties. Signed a contract for it! I never charged him a dime until he was sure about the property and I was working 100's of hours for nothing!

Due diligence on $12,000,000.00 properties are a little bit more expensive than due diligence on $300,000.00 properties.

Value came back very low. Got conference calls with some of his associates about this property, all they tried to do is convinced me that their gut feeling would be right about this property. Remember, we are talking about $12,000,000.00. To show good faith, I kept working and trying to make it up to him for months.

He signed a contract, paid by credit card, then file a chargeback on his credit card 5 months later.

Tim, you are a smart men, so you can understand the truth, I warned you about the properties you were looking and the values of commercial real estate beginning to drop, you accepted the terms, then don't complain. Who does that.

My time, effort, calling everyday, are worth more than $10,000.00.

After all that he tried to sell me a security from Bank of america, so I can cash it for him. Seem a little desperate for money don't you?

For your information as well, my father past away on the 28 of May of Cancer!!! This is also something I can prove!

I wish you good luck for the future to you and your family.

truly yours,