determining

• Updated: Wed, February 11, 2009

• Reported By:Van Wert Ohio
HBC - Hold Billing Services - UnitedTel - Findyourdiet.com
Internet U.S.A.

HBC - Hold Billing Services, On Behalf Of UnitedTel- Findyourdiet.com *Bill Cramming Scam* using Embarq phone co. -Claims pop up ad authorized! Internet

*Author of original report: Company is HBS not HBC...

We recently recieved our Embarq home phone bill, only to find an added $14.95 monthly charged tacked on from this company. My husband first called the company and was very polite to the person- initially.

The company he contacted, Hold Billing Services, told my husband that the bill was authorized by me, his wife. They told him that I had filled out my information on an advertisement, and the operator proceeded to tell my husband the info I "gave" them. Not all was correct. They had my birthday COMPLETELY wrong. (Thankfully?)

My husband did a good job of keeping his cool, but TOLD them they are going to remove the charges immediately! They said they would comply.. let's see on the next bill.

I called my phone company this morning and explained the situation. Apparently they do not need any authorization from US to add a 3rd party billing charge to our bill. I blocked 3rd pary billing. That was the best I could do.

I have since proceeded to contact both MySpace and Facebook with the problem, to see if this FindYourDiet.com is advertised with either site. Hopefully these sites will look into my reports and take a serious look into their advertisers and remove this findyourdiet.com.

(As a side note, I am 26 yrs old, 5"8" and 114lbs. I do NOT need a DIET!)

Why can companies legally add charges to bills without authorization? And why didn't Embarq call me to confirm this charge before it was added to my bill? What can I do about this to prevent this from happening to others?

Julie
Van Wert, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HBC-Hold-Billing-Services-UnitedTel-Findyourdietcom/internet/HBC-Hold-Billing-Services-On-Behalf-Of-UnitedTel-Findyourdietcom-Bill-Cramming-Scam-422951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HBC - Hold Billing Services - UnitedTel - Findyourdiet.com

Company is HBS not HBC...

AUTHOR: Julie - (U.S.A.)

My appologies, the company Hold Billing Services is HBS not HBC as in title.