Complaint Review: HBS Books

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Cleveland Ohio
HBS Books
Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

HBS Books Charged unauthorized membership fees. Promised to refund amounts, but has not to date. Boca Raton Florida

I ordered a book from HBS Books. I received a charge on my debit card for $19.95. I believe that to be for the book plus shipping. After many weeks I had not received the book, and finally received an e-mail from this entity, stating that they would be unable to supply me with the book and that I would not be charged for the book. This was confusing to me since I had already been charged $19.95.

The next day (after receiving the e-mail), I received yet another $19.95 charge to my debit card. I believed that this was the company's attempt to refund my original charge, but mistakenly processed as a charge. I contacted the company and was told that this was a monthly membership charge that was assessed. I was outraged because: 1) I had not authorized these membership fees and 2) I had now been charged a total of $40.00 for a book I had not received and was told by the company I would not be receiving!!!

Somehow I was to pay $40.00 for the privilege of being allowed to order a book which they did not have the ability to provide me. I have been promised that the second charge of $19.95 will be refunded, but that has yet to happen. I was told that a refund of the first charge of $19.95 would require approval of someone else in the company, and that the person with whom I was speaking would "apply" for authorization to do the credit.

Stay away from this company - it is BAD NEWS!!!!

Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HBS-Books/Boca-Raton-Florida/HBS-Books-Charged-unauthorized-membership-fees-Promised-to-refund-amounts-but-has-not-t-469102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HBS Books