Complaint Review: HBSC - Orchard Bank

• Updated: Fri, November 13, 2009

• Reported By: Jim — Warner Robins Georgia United States of America
HBSC - Orchard Bank
PO Box 4155 Carol Stream, IL 60197 Internet United States of America

HBSC - Orchard Bank HSBC Card Services Continues to charge annual fee and late fees on same, after card was cancelled due to notification of an annual fee! Internet

I received a notification from Orchard Bank to let me know that an annual fee would be charged to my account, but gave me a grace period to call and cancel the card before the annual fee was added.

I called them and cancelled the card, paid off the small balance and was notified that the annual fee would be waived.

I then received a bill, with the annual fee of $59.00 added on anyway!  I called them AGAIN, and once again, was told that it was a mistake, and the annual fee would be waived.

I am now receiving a bill with, yes-the annual fee, AND a $30.00 late charge because I didn't pay the annual fee that I was told TWICE, would be waived.  My bill is now $90.06 for nothing!  I just sent a scathing letter to them on their customer service area online, and received a standard return email stating that I would receive a call-back within 12 hours.  (I've heard THAT twice before, too...)

Needless to say, I am furious, and will really be fit to be tied if this goes on my perfect credit report as a late payment.  I guess it is time to pull the Rolodex to 'Attorneys'.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2009 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HBSC-Orchard-Bank/internet/HBSC-Orchard-Bank-HSBC-Card-Services-Continues-to-charge-annual-fee-and-late-fees-on-sam-523498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HBSC - Orchard Bank